Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-73 concerns

Options
valrune
valrune Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The first time I used mine, I could not pick up a signal from my garage to my living room (one wall) :angry: so I did my overnight without it. I did the antenna mod. and now it can pick up the signal all the way to the back of the house! My last overnight (second use with the ET-73) the pit probe sometimes resistered 10 deg. over my dome thermo , and sometimes 10 deg. under. The meat probe resistered HHH constantly until I removed it from the meat and reinserted then it would read a temp for about 4 seconds and then go back to HHH. I moved the probe wires around with no change in the reading. I restarted the maverick 2-3 different times with the same results.Talk about chasing temps all night, I was better off without it. I calibrated all probes and dome thermo at the same time in boiling water with good results. I don't know if I should buy new probes or stick the maverick in the back of my junk drawer for a couple years :(

Comments