Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp 'n Bacon

Options
Kris in Fl
Kris in Fl Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am gonna wrap some jumbo shrimp with bacon and skewer them tonight - But I need some help....
Should I start with a high temp for about a min on each side (to cook the bacon) then close it up for a few minutes? 1-1-5?
Thanks for your help :)
Kris[p]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Kris in FL, you'll never cook the bacon in that time. Plan on either precooking the bacon (just so it can still be wrapped) or leave it on for a while. The bacon will keep the shrimp moist.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Kris in FL, you might want to cut the bacon into thirds or in half ; a full strip is too much. Be careful, shrimp cook fast....Try the butterfly shrimp stuffed with crab meat and wrapped with bacon from Bill Wise's BGE cookbook sometime...EGGCELLENT !!!

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Kris in FL,
    When I do these, I usually cook at about 3-350* for a couple minutes on each side. I also roll them in seasoned bread crumbs.
    Besides cutting the bacon in half, I also double skeweer mine which makes flipping easier. Don't know who on here suggested that, but it works great.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Kris in FL, I agree with the wise one, you should pre cook the bacon half way so you don't have to cook it all the way on the grill which will overcook your shrimp.