Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3/17 delivery

JasonATI
JasonATI Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After many hours of debating BGE or Grilldome I decided on the Egg and of course the dealer was out, so I paid for one and when they come in on wednesday I will be set. Cannot wait. :laugh:

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Congrats on your wise decision! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Good choice! Have fun with your new toy!
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I predict NO REGRETS! ;)
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Jason,
    You will never look back.
    Welcome to the Cult.
    Rich
    Out of the traffic in Morro Bay, CA
  • Hoss
    Between now and then,practice takin food photos and posting them.That way you can come out swinging! ;) Welcome to "The CULT" :laugh:
  • I just received my BGE. I wanted one for two reasons, the brand and this forum. You will be very happy...
  • Hoss
    Cook us somethin and show it! B) Congrats!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    It'll rock your world!! Welcome!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Welcome to the addiction, Jason! Somehow, I don't think you will be disappointed!

And be sure to use the forum. You will have questions - all of us do. You will have them in the middle of the cook, as in, "OMG, what do I do now?!" Ask here. Someone will have an answer... in time to fix what you think you broke. It's really quite amazing! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    You made the right choice and I hope that you will continue to hang out on the forum.

ATI?
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Congrats and welcome to the cult...err forum. We love pictures of your cooks.
  • JasonATI
    JasonATI Posts: 62
    Thanks everyone, just reaffirms my decision.
    One thing and I hope its not against forum policy but on the other brand that advertises thicker ceramics, that extra thickness is only on the area of the bands so to me its pretty much a non point.

Thanks again.
    Jason
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Saint Patty's day and the wearing of the green, Couldn't be a better fit. Congrats and welcome to the madness. :woohoo: