Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veggies on the Egg

Options
Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
veggies.jpg
<p />Decided to try stir-fried veggies ala Nature Boy last night...BOY were they good. I used a simple mixture of zucchini, vidallia onion, par-boiled new potatoes marinaded in Italian dressing with a sprinkling of Dizzy Dust. Threw on a hand full of cherry tomatoes for the last min. or so.
Thanks Chris for the inspiration.[p]Bob

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Looks tasty! I'm gonna have to try that myself.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Where did you pick up that basket? Is it a BGE piece of equipment or did you buy it elsewhere?[p]Thanks, Jim

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    Jim,$9.99 at Linen n Things. There are also plent online. Search on grill wok or grill basket.[p]CB
  • JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Thanks again. I will grab one today. Pic gives me motivation.[p]Jim[p]
  • Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    jim,
    They are great baskets. Really simplify the veggies on the egg. Just toss (or move around with a tongs) every now and then to keep the veggies from burning on the bottom. EZ grilled vegetables! Just make sure you grab with a glove or a pot holder, and when you bring the basket into the house, you have to cool that puppy down after unloading it.[p]I just did a batch of small red potatoes, onions, garlic, green, red, and yellow peppers. I microwaved the potatoes to soften, and then I tossed everything with Dizzy Dust and olive oil. In the basket at about 350 for maybe 10 minutes and everyone was happy. The veggies make excellent leftovers, or you can add them to pastas or ???[p]Mike in MN

• Unknown
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]I rarely do a BGE meal without grilled veggies....they are that good. I do them like you. But I will use whatever veggies looked good at the market that day. Green peppers, red peppers, asparagus, snow peas....they all work just great the same way. I drizzle them with olive oil, season them with salt, pepper, and whaever else I am in the mood for like Prudhomme's veggie magic, or Emeril's essence, or maby just a little basil. They never fail to please.[p]Nice Pic![p]E1