Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Korean BBQ

brain-gamebrain-game Posts: 59
edited 7:28PM in EggHead Forum
Actually a cook from Sat. night. Better late than never. Beef short ribs, marinated 24hrs, cooked direct @ 450 degrees for 2 1/2 min/side.

Picture090.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture089.jpg

DELICIOUS!! Hard to beat Korean BBQ!
·

Comments

• smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
    That looks great. what's the marinade?
    ·
  • Kalbi marinade. Bought it at Super H Mart. Multiple locations around ATL.

- Atlanta, GA
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Looks like Galbi to me :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ....with kimchi...yummy
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • Mat Kimchi....soooooo tasty!!!!! And HOT! :evil:
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Hot? nope, but great eating. LC and I brought 2 gals of summer and mat kmichi to the Octoberfest after party. Both were gone in an hour.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • LOL! You're right, not typically too hot. This seemed to be a pretty spicy batch. Can't get enough of the stuff.

- Atlanta, GA
    ·
  • that looks great!!! well done!!
    ·
  • Love the Korean BBQ. Looks great.

What did you use for a marinade? I usually buy pre-marinated at a Korean grocery.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Did the ribbies come from H Mart as well? I live near the Suwanee store.
    Great Looking cook, for sure!
    ·
  • Actually came from the new Super H Mart at P'tree Ind & 285. Closest for me. Pleasant Hill Rd. is a bigger store.

- Atlanta, GA
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    brian-game, your Kalbi BBQ short ribs looks delicious!
    I noticed you didn't have enough kimchi on your plate! :lol: Gotta get your veggies!

I noticed you have the flanken or Korean style short ribs. Did you buy them at the Korean grocers? If so, I am very curious, were yours tender or chewy? I've purchased them in 5 lb boxes cut flanken style and sometimes they are tender and other times they are more than chewy. I can't recall that the box even had a grade indication.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    brain-game,

Looks awesome! Is the green swiss chard or really big bok choy?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • eenie meenie,

short ribs are from an asian grocery store. i usually buy the "prime" cut which typically looks more marbled. to answer your question, i think they are somewhere in between. while i would describe them as chewy, they definitely aren't filets either.....

hope that helps.

- Atlanta, GA
    ·
  • Little Steven,

Greens are Red Leaf Lettuce.

- Atlanta, GA
    ·
  • I love that marinade! I've used it twice this week and think it's amazing. Even splashed it on grilled veggies for some extra pop.

Bruce
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Beautiful! Definitely a favorite when considering Asian cooking.
    ·
  • RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    Outstanding lookin' cook there. Whenever I announce I'm headed to Super H Mart (Pleasant Hill location) to my kids, they'll tag along for the food court offerings.

I'm a huge fan of bulgogi, and I can get the super thin cut beef ribeye at Super H Mart. I make my own marinade which is a fairly sweet soy based sauce. Is the Kalbi sauce in the same aisle as the other sauces? I'm often looking for quick meals.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    That looks really good. Care to share the recipe for the marinade?
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Korean; so how many pounds that that cat weigh? Just kidding. Looks great!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·