Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Alcohol Starter Kit

sharhammsharhamm Posts: 254
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WilEcoyote: Finally got to use my kit and it's works great. No more firestarters for me. Rip roaring fire in no time.
Thanks again,
Sharon
·

Comments

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,837
    I agree, Sharon. Mine starts in a third of the time. :)
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,690
    I thought this was going to be a post about building a still! :evil: :lol:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
    It is! Here's a booze Egg!

stillegg.jpg
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,947
    Steve,

Please tell me you own that and that I can move into your garage.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Sharon, a nice day in the north country for grillin, huh? I just fired up my mini! Enjoy your new fast-fire!
    ·
    I wish, LS! Have fun in Florida :) Any chance of you and GOV making it to OKC? I'd sure like to have a beer with you. I'll bring the booze Egg! :laugh:
    ·
    Steve,

Not in the cards for this year I'm afraid but it is on the top three for next year. If you can make it to Nieggara I reciprocate the offer.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Little Steven, how about the Texas or Plano Fests? When is NiEGGara?
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Steve, I thought they were talking about an alcohol starter kit for OKC. 750 Don Augustine, GM and a splash of mix. Sound right my Saturday night friend.
    30 pack of Coors Light. :laugh: :laugh:

Mike
    ·
    It's a good start! :woohoo: How far is the OKC Fest from your new restaurant?
    ·
    Steve

The Texas fests won't happen unless I get some business down that way. I think I have some stuff happening in Temple and if that is the case I may be able to schedule around that.

Mid September. for Nieggara. Not sure of the exact dates yet.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    LS, I hope it pans out. ;)
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    5 1/2 hours.

Mike
    ·
    Sheesh :( It's a good thing the chef is coming to us! :laugh:
    ·
  • gsgentrygsgentry Posts: 128
    I agree... I have used the kit many times already and I am more and more impressed with it. It's just so easy and does a great job!!! Thanks again!!
    ·
  • B) :)
    ·
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 516
    So glad to hear that you got the kits ok and that they are working well. I sent out 50 kits and have heard back from about 20 people so far that have tried it and reported success. I think the other 30 people are too busy grilling to report back... :)

Enjoy!
    ·