Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pies on monster stone

Bash
Bash Posts: 1,011
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ace had a 20% off coupon last weekend, so I picked up the XL pizza stone.

Tried pizzas on it tonight. They turned out well.

Wife and kids like pepperoni and pineapple.

IMG_5658.jpg

I like onions, palm hearts, and green olives

IMG_5659.jpg

My 9 yo enjoying her pizza

IMG_5660.jpg

Wife made the crust - half whole wheat, half white. Came out very nice.

Richard

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great looking pies! How was the half and half dough?
    Darlin' daughter!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bash
    It was as good as the all white dough we made last weekend from the Peter Reinhardt book (grill dough). I'm sure it was just us, as his breads look amazing. My wife fell back to her normal dough this weekend, and it tasted very good.

His breads are complicated (multi day preparations), but we are going to try some out, and see if they are worth it to us.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm with you guys! I've got intents of dedicating more time to the dough process!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bash
    We have some bread that should be ready to pull from the egg in 5 minutes. Will post in a bit. ;)
  • Very nice, I still haven't used my monster stone. I may have to make a bigger pie where I will have to. :laugh:
  • Bash
    I was amazed at how big it is.

I kept getting the edges of my pies to burnt on the medium, so I figures a nice large stone would take care of that.

Still got the crust a tad too done. Will cook at 550 next time, instead of 625.

Give yours a shot!
  • Nice pizzas - your nine year old looks like one happy customer :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Great looking pie and a satisfied customer.

GG
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Richard,

Nice pix. Luv the daughter shot. Must of needed a crane to lift the XL stone. :laugh: