Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myron Mixon\'s Cooking School (pic heavy)

reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to share some pictures from Myron Mixon's cooking school. It really was fun and VERY informative. Between Del and I we have 50 pages of notes Instead of going through all the trial and error that people go through we figured why not learn from the winningest guy in BBQ. He has proven time and time again he is the one to beat. We found out he is a very different person when he's not in front of a camera.

A special thanks to Bobby Cresap and Charlie who were there to assist with the class. IThey gave us some pointers on how you would do things a little differently cooking on an egg. It was great to meet them and we sure had a lot of fun and laughs.

Also, thanks to Poppasam & Diane who told about this class way before the TLC Pitmaster's show. Myron has been doing the classes for 4 yrs. and right now his next 3 classes are booked to capacity.

We couldn't believe how much we learned in one weekend. Myron is an extremely talented and gifted instructor. His class exceded all of our expectations.He lays it all out on the line to include recipes, cooking methods, techniques, KCBS, MBN, MIN, box building and much, much more.

We ended a great weekend with a group of the Georgia eggers at a great Mexican restaurant. It sure was great to see everyone. :)

Here are some pictures.

The first 2 people I met at the class were Bobby Cresap and Charlie. They both did a great job helping Myron with the class.

015-9.jpg

We checked in and were treated to a catfish dinner. It was delicious! As you can see nothing was left but the bones.

017-7.jpg

Bobby Cresap

018-6.jpg

The whole hog. This 180 lb guy got 5 gals of injection. I couldn't believe it.

040-2.jpg

Myron's assistant Nick helping with the injection.

058-2.jpg

Myron and I

067.jpg

The hog all foiled and ready to go in the cooker.

070.jpg

The Mixon family

072.jpg

Brisket trimming

082.jpg

We learned how to make Myron's cupcake chicken

105.jpg

120.jpg

These were some of our classmates. What a bunch!!

128.jpg

131.jpg

144.jpg

The whole hog was the highlight of the class. It was to die for.

166.jpg

Check out the bacon

179.jpg

A little bling!! He's got 3 of these World Championship rings.

203.jpg

208.jpg

204.jpg

236.jpg

After tasting his brisket I can see why it's his strongest category.

264.jpg

271.jpg

288.jpg

Comments