Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with 45 lbs of butt

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a pic on whiz's site with butts double stacked. Has anyone taken the upper ring out used the plate setter elevated and smoke butt for a day at 200? What is the best way to smoke all this butt at one time? I have a custom adjustable height double rack, plate setter
[ul][li]30+ lbs of butt[/ul]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    jumpin jack flash,
    Thanks for all your help at the egg fest! I had a great time purchasing an egg and parting with the after hour crew in the parking lot! Looking forward to all my eggtivities. Eveyone has loved the food that has come from the egg![p]Chris I have already sent you a new customer, she loved your rubs so much she ordered some from you. [p]Lance

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    jumpin jack flash,
    I just did 35+ Lbs of pork (4 butts). Plate setter inverted, placed where grill typically goes, aluminum pan on plate settter, grill on top of pan. 3 butts form a triangle with 4th on topo of three. Cooked at 200-275 dome for 18 hours until internal was 200 degrees. No problem. Have done it this way maybe 6 times.[p]Grillin Bill

• Unknown
    Options
    Grillin Bill,
    Thanks for the info, I went ahead after not hearing anything and pulled the upper ring. Plate setter setting on fire box, aluminum foil on top of plate setter, 3/4 pieces of granite to elevate lower grill, put some stainless 6" bolts and hardware in and attached upper grill. placed three butts on top and three on bottom. There is room between all of them. I have this thing loaded up, have two parties this weekend.[p]Does anyone think I should rotate the butts?[p]Lance