Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dawgs... PEARL Dawgs!!

Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 6,920
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, last night's foray into natural casing hot dogs was a little less than satisfying. I bought Mucke's and Hummel along with split top buns. Grilled the buttered buns on a CI griddle and they were outstanding! The dogs, not so much. Not bad, just no better than the prepackaged ones I usually buy. Maybe not even as good.

I had heard that Pearls were sold by Stop & Shop, but they haven't made it to Connecticut stores. So, this morning, I called a Stop & Shop in Mass and they DO carry them!! And only 18 miles away, due north! That's even closer than the Wicked Good distribution center! :)

When the weather warms up enough, maybe I will combat the negative effects of all those dogs by going to get them on my bicycle! A nice Saturday morning ride. B)

Gotta go now... headed north. What? I can't have hot dogs two days in a row?? :lol:
Michael 
Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comments