Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your most difficult cook?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Thanks.

• Unknown
    Options
    joder,[p]I had the same trouble as well. Then I started using a wok thingee full of holes (there is a pic of one in the vegetable thread down below). I throw on the vegetables first and then add the meat once the other stuff has started to turn soft. That way everything gets done around the same time.[p]It also makes for easy prep since I don't have to play with the skewers. Serving is easy, since I simply dump everything into a large serving dish and serve like a salad.[p]Another benefit of this is the fact the wooden skewers don't catch fire and hands don't get burned on the hot metal skewers.[p]Matt.

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    New Bob,
    Brisket is my most difficult meat to cook. Mine is either tough and under cooked or overcooked and falling apart. Neither is very appetizing. I guess there is just a very short window of outstanding taste and tenderness for that peice of meat. [p]2 other specific cooks also qualify ..
    the day it was -5 outside for the entire cook. Brrrrr. However, my Medium egg didn't care and just chugged on through the night. I was not as confident and checked on her every hour.[p]The other cookout was recent ... it rained all night and flat out poured for 3 hours during the finishing time. I don't have an umbrella for my egg and again checked on her all night and during the day. Once again she proved that she can take it and still dish out wonderful food. We had over 4 inches of rain during the cooking time and everything turned out great. I guess the drip pan caught all the water flowing in thru Miss Daisy.

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    TRex,
    Man, those look good!

• Caingitrite
    Options
    djm5x9, ..nekked..? Grizzard?[p]CGR