Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is A BGE worth it ?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been searching for a bbq grill and saw thiss Big Green Egg site...
I am considering a small egg, instead of the char-broil grill which is 139.00 and don't impress me at all....[p]My question is :: Is a big green egg worth it ?? [p]thanks, I loved reading messagess that I found here on the BGE form..[p]
John Decker

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />John Decker, worth is a relative term! [p]If you are questioning the value of purchasing a BGE, the answer still depends. If you like great BBQ ranging from low/slow 18-20 hour Pulled Pork at 200 degrees upward to searing steaks at 800-1000 degrees, then the BGE is 'worth it'. [p]I bought mine last September. Check out the link and it will show you my feelings about the BGE. For me it was definately 'worth it'. Good luck.[p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    John Decker,[p]An Egg is worth every penny. I started with a small egg. Not long after, I upgraded to a medium. I now have two eggs, a medium and a mini.[p]Cooking with an Egg is just ... better. More flavor, more fun and more options (low and slow to hi temp searing). I'm sure you'll get many opinions![p]Smokey
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Q%20setup.jpg
    <p />John Decker,
    As the old saying goes. "A picture is worth a thousand words"

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    John Decker,
    Your life will never be the same if you get an egg. Buying the egg improved my cooking many times over. It's ease of use, and versatility is hard to beat....and the food is magical.[p]Factor in the great advice you get here on the forum, and it is really not a tough decision. Go for it. We are here when you are ready to cook![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    John Decker,
    yougoddabekiddin[p]I used to be really short and ugly...since I got Humpty I am tall and ugly and I'm having more fun with the people AND the Egg then I ever thought possiable

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    John Decker, I once had a life. I boated, fished, swam, and went exploring on weekends just to have something to do that I really liked.. Then I bought a BGE.. Now everything I do is mentally connected to my EGG. If I'm planning a fishing trip,, I plan a meal that will slow cook on the Egg and be ready upon my return, and while fishing, I see 2 filets everytime I land a fish. When I'm driving down the road,, meat markets ketch my attention and I stop to view the displays. Wednesdays, to me, mean planning ahead for brining, marinating, rubbing. My friends previously liked to visit for chatting and fellowship,, now they all say,," what are you Egging this weekend?". I'm in too deep.. I'm an Egg-a-holic. Yes, it's true. And I don't want to change. Isn't that sick? This is a true story. It may only be suitable for adult viewing, and Egg-Heads,, but I thought you ought to know. If you go through with it,, you will find yourself spelling words like,, "YEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" when telling of your successes here on the Forum. Don't worry,, a lot of us do it. It's not normal,, but fellow Eggers understand. Go ahead,, join the cult. Your life will change, but you won't want to go back............

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    John Decker,
    I can't add anything the others haven't already said! I can say I started with a Large, now I've got a small & a medium too. My kids each have one, my brother has one and my brother-in-law & sister-in-law have one! All them people can't be wrong!!!! Crazy??? Yes!!! Wrong??? Nope!!![p]Give in to the urge, you'll never look back! (Your waist line will never look the same either!) :^)))[p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    John Decker, Nah...ain't worth it..[p]Just don't let anyone even think about taking mine away from me! [p]C~W[p]
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    John Decker,[p]I don't think you're going to get an objective, unbiased answer here. :)
  • AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    John Decker,
    No it's not, buy a LARGE BGE. Rumor has it they're cheaper by the dozen :)[p]TR

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    John Decker,
    Best to allow your taste buds to do the shopping...you've gotta taste it to believe it. Worth every penny.

• Dr. Chicken
    AbqEgg'r,
    I'll vouch for that! I'll soon have a canceled check to prove it too! Why did I do that???? :^))[p]Dr. Chicken

• AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Dr. Chicken,
    Talk to your dealer about a "baker's" dozen:)

• Dr. Chicken
    AbqEgg'r,
    My dealer has gotten to the point he is almost giddy when he sees me coming! I don't know where he got the sickening grin, but I think I know the reason for the dollar sign reflecting off his eyeballs! If he were a little plumper, he'd remind me of the chesshire cat with feathers still around his mouth! :^)))[p]Only in AMERICA folks![p]Dr. Chicken

• RDU-Hoo
    RDU-Hoo Posts: 7
    I don't think I've ever bought a product that I've been as happy with as I have with my BGE.