Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fishing at Sunshine Fest?

Options
CBBQ
CBBQ Posts: 610
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple of weeks ago there was a post about interest in doing some fishing next Friday morning. I'll be going down early in the week to visit my parents in Deland before heading to Melbourne. So I may be out of touch with the forum during that time. Has there been anything set up yet?

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I don't think that ever panned out. Surf fishing may be the way to go. HTH.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    True, but first you must buy a Florida fishing license.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Been too wrapped up in the rest of the fest....did you guys set up a trip?
  • CBBQ
    Options
    I thought Jupiter Jim or someone from that area was going to try to set up a bottom/party fishing trip. I'll be doing some flats and freshwater fishing with my Dad before I get to Melbourne so it's no big deal. But I am interested if it gets set up.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Didn't work out with everything going on Friday but I'm sure Steve will be hanging out by the surf. There is some talk of an offshore trip the following week but nothing set yet.
  • CBBQ
    Options
    Thanks Pat. I volunteered to help at the fest so I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to keep me busy.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    CBBQ,

It didn't work out.The party boat would have been OK but
    you can't keep grouper or snapper. I have a boatreserved forthe following Friday ifanybody is still around. I think I'll bring a couple of surf rods. There is river and jetty fishing too. You can get a FLA license at florida fishing.com or something close to that. We are taking a short cruise on Sunday after the fest and I wold be happy to leave the gear for anyone to use. We are returning to the hotel on Thursday.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON