Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Serious dry aging advice

2»

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,882
    Steven, upon a closer review it appears something may have crept into your refrigerated crypt and crapped! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    Seriously,

I'll call you tomorrow. I added up the weight and figured it was either the meat or the fishing tackle.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Scott,

MENSA - 50 Yer welcome to it B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Ron,

That may be so but it was in the same spot I left the tenderloin in. If my memory serves :S I'm gonna eat it and I just dont care :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,882
    fine! bye bye birdie - I hate to see you go...
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    After 50 do you hit MENSA-Pause??? :laugh:

- Barry
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    I've got one like that too! Can't wait to see the results.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    No seriously, about those wrinkles,, :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll be home after 5 just let me know what you need. I was gonna make a Sams run Saturday.
    ·
    Todd,

I'll let you know. Put de lime in da coconut :sick:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Don't do it this week!!! Rest up for the fest!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • SMELL is everything… ;)
    I’m thinking you know where I’m coming from here (tastes like chicken, smells like fish, but this can be good) and you got to go with the nose!
    And hey…It’s not moldy! Right?
    Bring it up to temp (I would go to the 160 F. here) cook it, eat it and if you don’t die….Give us the report :whistle: !!
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Bone In Jerky! Guess that works. No need to cook slice and chew and chew and chew... you get the idea.
    ·
  • 160?!?!?!?!

if the idea is to kill harmful bacteria, 160 will do it. but it won't do anything to make the meat safe to it (if it were bad).

killing bacteria does not take meat which is unsafe to eat, and make it safe to eat.

in any case. i think we all agree steve-O is going out on a limb. but if he's gonna try it, i wouldn't cook it any differently than a regular aged steak. except it'll cook very fast
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    lol Steven, I know this is late, but I just displayed your post at our M&M (Morbidity & Mortality) conference.
    4 out of 5 doctors thought it was the most interesting case of the week! They recommended offering you an autopsy. I'll call my sister, the pathologist, and see if she will do one for you pro bono. :woohoo:
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Shoot Steven!! wait till after the fest!! Norma does not want to stay home for another Bout of your "Man Flue!!!" :angry: at this point what is another couple of :P weeks???
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,738
    havent you chipped of a piece to try it yet :laugh:
    ·