Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It\'s been a while

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alot of work, some family issues, and something else took me off the forum for a while but I still managed to cook on the Egg many times. I received a phone call the other day from a buddy on the forum...and say what you want, but those guys from Texas ain't so bad...except when they play a team from the SEC. :laugh:

Here's the new handles from Mikeb and pops - man, the cartoons are on 24/7 out on the deck now. Great job - now if I could find a large with some extra curves, I'd name it Velma!

Scooby Doo
ScoobyDoo.jpg

and of course - Scrappy Doo
ScrappyDoo.jpg

The "dogs" did some cooking tonight - first time I've been home before dark in a long time. Scooby ate up some Crab and Clam Cakes stuffed clam shells while Scrappy took care of two huge pieces of Salmon! No pics of the Salmon...well, just had a brain fart and forgot to snap one but got one of the shells.
CrabClamStuffedShells.jpg

Great eats - added some steamed "as-per-grass" for the side...the family was fat and happy around 7:30pm.

For those interested - the boat is finished and has been in the water some. Awesome fun - it's a wild ride running almost 60 mph sitting about 2' off the water! :) A few fish caught...but boy is it cold on the lake!

Be good guys and have fun on the forum -

LJ

PS - Again - thanks for the concern and phone call my Texas Connection

Comments

• Jim, I was thinking of you today. Glad to see you still kicking and rolling with what life smacks your way. Nice grub and those handles are a work of art!! That is all Mikes dad puts out. Runs in the family. Your cook looks great!!
    Be well man!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jimmy did you make the Crab and Clam Cakes?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Allllrighty then......guess ya had to be in on the e mail..welcome back..I spose.....I usedathought I could read between the lines.....never mind..just keep on enjoyin..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    L.J.,glad to see ya back.It's startin to get to be CRAPPIE time here.I will know I am successful when from the 15th of March til the 1st of May all I have to do is Turkey hunt every mornin and catch a limit of Crappie in the afternoon and worry about nothin but shells and bait!!! :laugh: ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Really don't like that rubbed in my face.... B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I AIN'T NEAR there yet!!! :( :angry: But I'm gonna keep tryin!!! :) BTW Molly,down here you can ride around in a jonboat at the right time of the year with a minnow buckek sittin in front of the boat and the Crappie just jump in!!! B)
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Food looks great Jm,glad to hear the boat id running right.Big females are moving up here in Socal and the bass are spawning too.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Wow That looks and sounds really good
  • Lanier Jim
    Lanier Jim Posts: 505
    Options
    Several things - first...hell yeah I made them! You act like we have monkeys cooking around here. :)

Crappie biting soon...they start to defrost around here in about another 2 weeks...white bass too...spotted bass about to get crazy and the stripers will be on top. Damn I love this lake!

Already spawning in SoCal...those California bass have been labeled "whales" here in Georgia. Those suckers grow big out there. Take some pics if you get hold of a good one and send to me. Hey - you might have a big benz of a bassboat but I have a porsche! Yeah - I'm tickled to death with how it turned out and how it performs.

Great to be back - rsmdale and Hoss - we need to get on the water together if we ever can. Now that would be funny!

LJ