Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bratwurst Calzone - Yum or Yuck?

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did some beer brats (Johnsonville) Saturday night. Love those things - 10 minutes boiling in beer ('n onions) and then finish them on the Egg. That commercial they run on TV shows the guy putting them in beer after he grills them - I've always boiled first. Anyway, I love those things - a little mustard and you are in business.[p]For maybe the first time ever I had a couple left over on Sunday, which was pizza night. What started out as a pizza ended up as a calzone (happens sometimes, you know - especially when it's kind of hot and sticky outside - or if you try to "rush" the dough like I did). I went with the traditional sauce, mozzarella and some parmesan cheese and decided to top with some thinly sliced bratwurst, a heap of vidalia onions that I carmelized with some brown sugar and just a drop or 2 of balsamic vinegar, and some fresh thyme. I was skeptical at first - I love italian sausage on pizza and love brats on their own but just felt like I might be pushing too much of a good thing by mixing them together. The verdict? DEE-LISH! Maybe I just stumbled across the next reeces peanut butter cup, what do you think.

Comments