Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Cook!

op2kop2k Posts: 62
edited 7:59AM in EggHead Forum
After years of lurking on this board, and countless dreaming, I finally took delivery on a LBGE. I had anticipated the delivery so much, I already knew what I was going to cook first.....Spatchcock Chicken!

So, lets get to the pics.

The raws (Dizzy Dust for one, Pineapple Head for the other):

On the Egg:

Ready to be devoured:

Kid tested, kid approved!

Daddy's plate:

This was easily the best chicken I have ever eaten, although it's going to take some practice learning the fine art of temperature control :)

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Oppps op2K, I can't see your pics. Nonetheless, I am sure it looked great and tasted even better! Nothing like Spatchcock chicken on the egg! Welcome.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Congrats on the new egg!! Spatchcocked is terrific!
    FYI, no pics.
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • op2kop2k Posts: 62
    Darn! I guess it's back to the drawing board for trying to post pics.
  • Welcome to the cult, I hope you get your posting of pic's down let us see more

• I got no pics either, but welcome aboard B) .
    Your cook sounds good…Hope you were happy with it.
    Re: Pics…
    Hey, right now I’m afraid to go to Photobucket to put any pics on the forum.
    Maybe someday, I’ll get my strength up.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Welcome and glad you enjoyed your first cook and hope you have many more. There is a pretty detailed link somewhere on how to post those pics and sure someone will give it to you as I don't have it.
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Try here, it may not be updated but should get you going.

• GoonSlapperGoonSlapper Posts: 106
    Congrats on the new BGE. The spatchcock sounds delicious. As for the temperature control, there's only one solution for that...more cooks. Enjoy
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,574

Sounds great and welcome!

Caledon, ON

• rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    I'm sure your Spatch was great as will everything else.Welcome and have fun with the toy.