Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody seen her cooking show???

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    I may not be able to lift my jaw off the floor. That woman has it all...

Doug
  • texasAUtiger
    Options
    She can render my duck fat any time! :woohoo:
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Options
    There is a BBQ joint here that cooks french fries in duck fat. Haven't tried it though. Oh and No I haven't heard of this chick.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    MMMMmmm, the very reason I have duck fat in my freezer right now!!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Oh my goodness.....
  • DrugCoder
    DrugCoder Posts: 219
    Options
    Come on Food Network!!!! Pick this girl up and put her on my TV every day! Change up your nightly lineup to include her show along with Everyday Italian AKA Cooking with Cleavage....
  • Bacchus
    Options
    Eggzactly. Drop one of the 15 cake making competitions that litter FN primetime, or get rid of the Neely's.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Get rid of most of the FN lineup and just let Georgia have the run of the place! :)

She drives a cool car, btw - too bad no Daisy Dukes. :evil:

georgia_pellegrini_girl_hunter2.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• burberry scarf though.

playing to the good old boys while itchin to be citified? :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    They don't carry them at Walmart do they?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Options
    What do you expect? Wellesley, Harvard and Wall Street background. :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I have recently become a big fan of one of Food Network's newest chefs, Marcella Valladolid. She is mega-talented with some awesome Mexican cuisine ideas.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/marcela-valladolid/index.html
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Thanks, Rod. I had pretty much given up on TFN. I do want to try my hand at Mexican though - besides Old El Paso I mean. I'll have to check out the show!

As for Georgia, I don't think she actually HAS a show yet.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    I have recently become a big fan of one of Food Network's newest chefs, Marcella Valladolid. She is mega-talented with some awesome Mexican cuisine ideas.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/marcela-valladolid/index.html

+1

I've been enjoying her show the times I get to see it.
  • Bacchus
    Options
    The Hispanic Giada? ;)
  • check out the two videos she has with the charcuterie guys in NYC.

her website, right column, two vids of the dude in a 'stache http://www.georgiapellegrini.com/

USDA regulations affecting their business. frigging "40-140 for four hours" rule reaping wondrous benefits for all. sheesh
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i cannot seem to find a listing or showtime on her page , espn2 page or verizon fios ,, i am sure this is because it is not yet happy hour,,, anyboby have a tv listing for this show?
    thanks
    bill
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    as far as I can tell, bill, she has no show. doesn't even have her book out yet. but ain't she a looker?! :lol: :evil:

But my cck showed up today. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    bill,

It is if you are on Atlantic time. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Those hunks of duck skin/fat look rather farm-raised to me: where's the nice color in the fat? Never saw a wild duck with such milky skin or such pale fat.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    does not get much better than that ,, cute, rich, has a shotgun, knows how to cook and is not a vegan..
    let me know what you think of the cck .... i shot the budget on 3 new knives so the cck is on hold till summer [ i hope]
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i just set my clock to AST. good idea,, i feel better now ,,, still cannot find her show but then again i don't give a
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Agreed. Already sent her an email... I proposed! She hasn't answered yet though. :lol:

As for the cck, from a fit and finish standpoint, it is very far from a Shun. Fairly ugly, in fact. Looks like they used a belt sander to sharpen it. Very coarse grinder scratches. Extremely thin blade, about 1/16". Won't be choppin' bones, that's for sure! Quite sharp though. Should be great for veggies and boneless meat (which is what I wanted). We'll see how the edge holds up. If it does, I might put some elbow grease into it and sand out the 50 grit scratches! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    The whole article went right over everybodys head, except for me and Hungry Celeste. Wonder why that is?

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    There was an article? ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lowercasebill
    Options
    don't know about the others but wild ducks are pretty scarce here and i buy my duck fat at wegmans. d'artangnan brand and it is white how would i know wild **** fat from domestic duck fat ;) ?..instead of mashed mixed root veggies [parsley root sweet and white taters i am going to sautee them in duck fat
    and i did watch the moustace guy vids
  • I think you made one of my patented slips there Bill.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    yep .. :laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    You'd think that, after doing what they're doing for years, they'd either have killed off all their would-be clients or gotten them so sick that they would have never bought so much as a piece of jerky from them again. The fact that they are still in business seems to indicate that what they are doing works, no?