Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Salmon Night

WaterscapesWaterscapes Posts: 97
edited 6:24PM in EggHead Forum
I am cooking salmon tonight. Last time I left the skin on during the cook. Should I take it off?

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I always leave the skin on :)
  • Thanks I think i will leave it on.
  • I find that the skin helps keep the salmon from splitting, particularly if you get a thin fillet portion. It also allows me to cook over screaming high heat, and get a nice crisp sear on the non-skin surface, and then flip the salmon over so it's skin-side-down, and not have to worry so much about over-searing that side before the fillet cooks through.
  • dubahdubah Posts: 60
    Skin makes pretty good eats for me. Some people may say "yuck," but I like it. dogs do too.
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I usually plank mine, indirect, skin on, and cook to 135-140, meat slides right off the skin. B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • By now, I’m thinking you have cooked, eaten and may even be off to “never, never land”, but I’ve got to chime in here.
    If I can get salmon with skin on…That is how it goes on the Egg! Especially on the grid.
    On a plank, I can go either way…And in the kitchen, with a number of dishes I do, it’s mostly (skin off) filleted.
    Give us a report buddy, how did it turn out?