Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin Dilemma Help Needed

willrevwillrev Posts: 80
edited 1:38AM in EggHead Forum
I haven't done a pork tenderloin yet on the BGE. Not sure if I should try to slow smoke it at a 250 dome or cook it at 350 dome. Any ideas?

BGE is heated and ready.

Comments

• civil eggineercivil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Generally, cooking low and slow is best with fatty meats containing a lot of colligen. Tenderloin doesn't fit those requirements. I would cook it direct at 350 dome until internal temp of 135 to 140 and pull.
  • willrevwillrev Posts: 80
    Thanks. That's good info. I have so much to learn!
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 124
    I cooked one last weekend. I direct cooked it at 350 degrees dome temperature until it had an internal temperature of 145 degrees. It was perfect.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,626
    As above, hotter and quicker is better for a tenderloin. They also benefit from marinades with a bit of oil in it. Can be sliced into medallions, and marinaded. Will cook really quickly.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Direct at 350 dome and give it a quarter turn every 10 minutes. Pull at 145 internal and rest 10 minutes. -RP
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 124
    gdenby wrote:
    As above, hotter and quicker is better for a tenderloin. They also benefit from marinades with a bit of oil in it. Can be sliced into medallions, and marinaded. Will cook really quickly.

You can goto the Cookbook Forum. Look for pork tenderloin with apricot sauce under recipes. That walks you through the marinade, cooking and saucing steps. Yum!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,522
    heres how i like them, not much flavor in those little tenderloins but they soak up flavors pretty well in a marinade. i cook them hot

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=396320