Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boca Burgers & Meatless Fridays

Sooner Egg
Sooner Egg Posts: 578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came across some Boca Burgers while out shopping yesterday and thought this could be my burger fix on Fridays until Easter, since I can't have meat on Fridays during Lent ;) ....I'm thinking by the time one adds lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions and cheese they might be okay....I was wondering if anyone has any experince with these on the BGE....good or bad?

Comments

• emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    I eat them all the time. You can also search on non meat burgers and make your own to taste. It is not that hard. Usually black beans make the best for me. The color looks like cooked meat.
    Burger King in my area [Indy] has a veggie burger that I get whooper style and it meets my needs.
    I have trouble digesting beef so that is why I use veggie burgers. I have no problem with other protein [chicken turkey pork lamb etc].
    Great job doing a lent observance. I will pray for your success.

E
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    thanks for your response :) I also came across a Gardenburger veggie burger, have you tried these?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I like them!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • You can try a portabello burger too! Those are good.