Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad Day for a low and slow cook

Options
probie
probie Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well we started to get everything set up to co a low and slow with me new CyberII and the usb port broke inside the housing so i tried to use it with the onboard controls. Well that did not work out as planned cause the machine went haywire in the cold weather. Then come to find out the Brisket that I had planned to cook had gone bad I mean very bad and of course this in turn wiped out the pork butt I had planned on cooking also.
So it really sucks to be me today!!!!!!!!!!

P.S does any one else have any issues with there cyberq or stoker or digiq going nuts in cold weather??

Comments

• Joel
    Joel Posts: 74
    Options
    Ugh - that's awful, sorry to hear about your misfortune. How cold is cold?

-Joel
  • thegrillster
    Options
    My stoker has worked fine in sub 20's. Coldest I have used it so far.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    This is a perfect example of why user should learn to do low and slo, or overnight cooks without controllers, the egg can, and has been holding temp all night long before these controllers were around...As far as the brisket going bad, I can't help ya there...
    stabalize the egg, clear out the holes in the charcoal grate ( wiggle rod ) set your vents for 250 and forget about it...
  • probie
    probie Posts: 102
    Options
    It is a new toy and I wanted to try it out
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Wasn't tryin to imply that the guru is a bad thing..I proudly own one myself...merely stating that new egg owners need to learn to control and maintain temps with the vent settings before relying on a device to do it for you..if the controller quits you will at least have the experience and knowledge to deal with it...If you contact Kenny at the GURU I'm sure he will get you taken care of as far as your guru problems..