Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ha ha Mini

Isolated01Isolated01 Posts: 156
edited 5:23AM in EggHead Forum
Bought my Mini yesterday and tried it out tonight. First of all I love it. I fired it up with 25ml of isopropyl alcohol, Pretty blue flames, first time trying that trick. I cooked some Bayou kind of burgers seasoned with Hebert’s Cajun seasoning and topped with alligator sausage accompanied by green onion sausage stuffed jalapeno`s with cream cheese wrapped in bacon and zucchini dusted with more Hebert`s. I would have posted pic`s but I heard that photobucket has a bug.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,442
    Welcome to the world of the MINI.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Seems that you are not that isolated.

I hope you enjoy that mini!

Faith
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    The mini is a mean, green grilling machine! :woohoo:
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,442
    Now you need to call Tom and order a mini woo:
    photo-6.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Mickey, that looks like a happy, well-cared for Mini :)
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    make sure it is the Mini KIM woo. so when you get the pizza stones from Amazon they drop down in it :)
    ·
  • What the others said-mini kim woo and the amazon pizza stones. Also, go ahead and get a nomex gasket now-the little beast is a high temp grilling machine. My gasket let go on the third cook. Switched to nomex and have had no problems. Other tip is to use "recycled" lump. That is, take used lump from your large and use it on the mini-less "lump smoke" and it is ready to go in no time. 748807383_2556k-M.jpg
    ·
  • I will have to look into the mini kim woo and the amazon pizza stones. I hear you about the Gasket. This thing is like a rocket engine.
    ·