Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ha ha Mini

Options
Isolated01
Isolated01 Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought my Mini yesterday and tried it out tonight. First of all I love it. I fired it up with 25ml of isopropyl alcohol, Pretty blue flames, first time trying that trick. I cooked some Bayou kind of burgers seasoned with Hebert’s Cajun seasoning and topped with alligator sausage accompanied by green onion sausage stuffed jalapeno`s with cream cheese wrapped in bacon and zucchini dusted with more Hebert`s. I would have posted pic`s but I heard that photobucket has a bug.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to the world of the MINI.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Seems that you are not that isolated.

I hope you enjoy that mini!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    The mini is a mean, green grilling machine! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Now you need to call Tom and order a mini woo:
    photo-6.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Mickey, that looks like a happy, well-cared for Mini :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    make sure it is the Mini KIM woo. so when you get the pizza stones from Amazon they drop down in it :)
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    What the others said-mini kim woo and the amazon pizza stones. Also, go ahead and get a nomex gasket now-the little beast is a high temp grilling machine. My gasket let go on the third cook. Switched to nomex and have had no problems. Other tip is to use "recycled" lump. That is, take used lump from your large and use it on the mini-less "lump smoke" and it is ready to go in no time. 748807383_2556k-M.jpg
  • Isolated01
    Options
    I will have to look into the mini kim woo and the amazon pizza stones. I hear you about the Gasket. This thing is like a rocket engine.