Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went To Class Today (lots O picks)

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i got a call a couple weeks ago from miles of smiles. he asked if i would come up to their store and participate in a egg class.. i was in charge of doind a appetizer. i chose abt's. so last night i prepped 36 of them. and took the rest of the stuff to make two more.. well i have not been in front of a class of people in 20 years so i was a little nervous. but everything went well. i stood in front of about 20 newbies. they were new egg owners that the store had contacted. like i said it was a really good turn out. did my spill showed them how to do a abt. answered some questions. then we served them some abt's. everyone liked them (as usual). the owner of the place did a segment on ribs and brisket. he went over some things like fire control and a few other odds and ends. then ronnie (aka miles of smiles) made hanger kabobs. and explained a few things. we all answered some questions. pretty good time was had by all. here are the photos.

the arrivial of a fellow egghead

2-27-20101.jpg

i made him take pictures :ohmy:

2-27-20104.jpg

2-27-20109.jpg

here is me looking at the new cookbook

2-27-20105.jpg

here is ronnie

2-27-201026.jpg

2-27-201024.jpg

2-27-201020.jpg

closer look at those kabobs

2-27-201019.jpg

big dummy showing the class what it looks like after the cream cheese goes in

2-27-201012.jpg

another shot of the big dummy with a wrapped up abt on the cutting board in front of him

2-27-201013.jpg

i forgot to stick my tounge out :P

tim the owner and ronnie

2-27-201021.jpg

tim going over some basics

2-27-201015.jpg

and other assorted photos

2-27-201010.jpg

2-27-201011.jpg

2-27-201018.jpg

2-27-201021.jpg

2-27-201023.jpg

2-27-201025.jpg

2-27-201018.jpg

like i said it was a good time they were talking about doing another one sometime..

kim was there since he had been to so many classes at the mothership to give the store ideas on what to do diffrently next time.. maybe next time he will get a chance to cook something of his own. he cooked a bunch of stuff that ronnie had brought to cook. maybe next time his creativity will be used more on filling my belly :laugh:

thanks ronnie for asking me to come i had a blast..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Tremendous! Great Job Miles and Bente, along with Vidalia1.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Great job. We need to have a mini-eggfest at the lake this spring.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice!! Thanks for sharing! Good job! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I don't think that I've ever seen so many pics of you with your tongue in your mouth :lol: Looks like ya'll had some fun teaching newbies how to work their new toys.Glad to see Ronnie up there with ya :)
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Nice job Bente, Miles of Smiles, and Vidalia1.

I'm sure they will want a bread class in the near future!
  • BENTE
    Options
    i will bring a small and some food ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    it was fun talking eggin to people who were not sick with egg fever yet but you could see the wheels turning :S

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    pretty nice place they mainly sell pools i am trying to work a deal that they install a pool for my services at the next class :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea well now that my kitchen aid is no longer broken we can proabably do that!! i am thinking about making some tonight ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    no no thank you for looking :)

hope all is well for you molly ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Options
    Terry,

Looks like a blast buddy. Way to go keepin yer tongue in your mouth there too. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    Options
    :P

lol

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks like a great time but did you sell any cars? :whistle: :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    How did Tim do with the ribs? I've known him for years. -RP
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Terry & Kim thanks for the help. Kim thanks for taking over duty on the Eggs Giving Terry time to do his Prep, His ABTs were $$$$. It also freeded me up for other duties inside.
    The attendees were just a few that purchased Eggs in 2009. They were very thankful for what y'all did for them. The q & a's were rated very high on the turn in sheets. The feedback was all positive and the crew scored high. We also collected info on what they would like to see in future classes.
    Lets do it again in a few mo. I ain't preppin any mo. Kabobs. To Loooogn. :):):):) Thanks again Ronnie.
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Randy the ribs were fine. The Brisket was over the TOP, He could have left off the liquid stuff in the bag. The damn beef was Super tender, and His info. for the eggers was very helpful to them. He scored high on the tracking sheets. Stay well, Ronnie.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwww mi amigo terry is a teacher now........I''l be damned... :laugh: .....I'm going to show you off with my friends here........so when you show up they ask for a class too...be sure to bring the booze :P
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Doug beat me, thats the first picture that I have ever seen of you with your tongue in your mouth B)

Ross
  • BENTE
    Options
    no and like i told you last night we did not need any earters :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    the ribs were good they were no CWM ribs but few are ;)

his brisket was good as ronnie said could have done with out the liquid

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yep there i was corrupting young egg minds :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    why don't you send your sister a link to this post? then she could decide what picture she likes and steal it ;)

had a blast thanks again B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    well if it were not for that snaeky onion boy i would have stuck it out :silly: :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great post and thanks for the pic's. ;) It is nice to see eggheads showing newbies how to use their new eggs. Tim
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    look at you professor benti!!!!.. .. did you tell them the most important step in preparing great ABTs is to stick your tongue out as you take them off the egg?? :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    Options
    it was a fun day.. if you have a local dealer they may have a project for you to help with... just hopefully your local dealer is like tim and wants to help feed the passion of the egg.. i know my local dealer doesn't do demos or promote the egg.. tim's dealership is 40 miles from my house and it is still worth it to go help ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    I MUST take a stand for the Tall One. He done Good. Those were the BEST ABTs I've ever had for breakfast. Onion 1 did a super job of rotating them on the Egg while "T" did the Yadda Yadda thing. The newbes loved them. &, I ain't gonna eat no limp hog slicings or prep any mo kabobs, period & thats final. Go Bente & Onion 1. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , :)
  • BENTE
    Options
    somehow kim missed that photo :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    It was a lot of fun and a great class. Glad to get to meet Ronnie and hang out with Terry. Let's do it again soon. B)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I will bring a small & mini & lots of food.... :laugh: