Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Time Baby Back Ribs "HELP"

WaterscapesWaterscapes Posts: 97
edited 3:01PM in EggHead Forum
I purchased two racks of baby back ribs and would like to cook them for dinner. I put Raging River rub lightly on the ribs and put in the refrigerator about one hour ago. I plan to use Sweet Baby Rays Hickory & Brown Sugar sauce when cooking. Any ideas on what doam temp adn for how long. Also, should i put the sauce on the ribs before and during the cook. I have a rib rack to place the ribs on.
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Put them on indirect with a dome temp of 250, they will take about 5 hours. -RP
    ·
  • Rainman,

If they will fit flat on the egg, I think they are better that way. Cook just like AZRP says.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Do not sauce them before the cook. Allow them to cook til almost done then sauce for the last 30 minutes. Cook the way AZRP said and you'll be fine.
    ·
  • Did you remove the membrane?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I do. -RP
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Two methods to check out are here in the PORK section. Plenty of pictures to walk you through either cook. That sauce can wait until the end of the cook, or you might opt to serve it at the table.

Recipe Page
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • How do you remove the membraine?
    ·
  • Sorry,

I meant that for Rainman

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Look at my post above. -RP
    ·
  • There is a membrane that runs over the bone side of the rack. If you bend the rack inward toward the bone side and work it back and forth to loosen the membrane. Then lay flat bone side up and work a spoon handle across the rack to make a spot to work an index finger in, When you have your finger through, grip the membrane and pull up. It should come off clean. If it rips you need to pick off any remaining bits.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I do too.
    ·
  • I agree with all that is said!

Ross
    ·
  • ok thanks i got the membrane off. Ribs are now on the egg i will let you know how they turn out.
    ·
  • Its been 4 hrs and i put on the sauce. When i turned over the ribs they seemed like they were dry almost a hard layer on the outside should I be concerned?
    ·