Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little OT -- Any Virginia Beach Eggers??

BigDaddy - OCT
BigDaddy - OCT Posts: 773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My high school hosts an all-class reunion every 2 years and this August it will be in VA Beach. My school is the International School of Bangkok so we have students from all over the world and currently have almost 400 signed up to attend.

I'm trying to come up with some event that is unique to the early 80's group and am looking to see what options we might have with respect to putting up a couple of tents with eggs and a great meal. As a whole we already dominate both buildings of the Cavalier hotel and are securing a 2nd hotel as we speak.

My email is br_williATyahoo.com

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• while i don't know any eggheads per say down there, you should checkout woodchicks bbq in chesapeake....leanne whippen, the owner, is well known around bbq competition circles, and she has been featured on many bbq tv programs including bobby flay's "throwdown", as well as the recent TLC series, "bbq pitmasters". . . no only that, but when she competes, she partly competes using big green eggs (i think she owns 5 of them now. .. .she has 3 bbq resteraunts in the chesapeake area as well as a catering business. .. . you should look into having her cater one of your events down there.. . .on top of everything else, she is a great lady!!! here is a link to her site. ...

http://www.woodchicksbbq.com/
  • Thanks Max,

I appreciate that and know exactly who she is but didn't realize she was in that area. Now that you've mentioned Chesapeake it just dawned on me that the 3 times we were stationed in the area we used to love to eat at the Chesapeake Bay for seafood...wonder if that's still around.

Thanks again,

Bruce
  • Wow, haven't heard that school name in a long time.
    I attended from 1964 - 1970. Grade school. Moved back to the States when I started high school.
  • Come join us my friend, you are part of the family. We have a reunion group on facebook but the main website is isbnetwork.com. You can email me at br_williATyahoo.com