Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lobster tips?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
f88ebe60.jpg
<p />Hi, hope you all are recovered from the big Eggfest by now. This will be my third weekend cooking on the Egg, and I am planning on doing lobsters for us and another couple. I found Jethro's recipe from a few years ago and will use that as a guide; just wondering if anyone had any tips to share.[p]BTW, I did a beer can chicken last weekend, it was yummy but I didn't get a very crispy skin. Plus he looks drunk..... :)
·

Comments

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    FlaGal,[p]I think you are thinking of Hounddog's "dwell in the shell" lobster recipe - I've never done them.[p]Best of luck to you on the cook.[p]I've been doing beer butts lately, they are good. I do mine direct and also try to kick the temp up to aroung 400 or so for the last 30 to 50 degress of internal temp.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

·
  • Jethro,[p]Yes, I think kicking the temp up on the chicken would've helped too. I want to do a pork butt soon myself.[p]Now that I look at that post, which was from August, 2001, that "Jethro" posted a recipe by Houndog... Regardless, this board is a wealth of info, not to mention amusement and enjoyment!
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    FlaGal,
    I have cooked Hounddog's Dwell in the Shell a couple of times...It's great....Cook just like the recipe says.
    Larry

[ul][li]Lobsters on the Egg[/ul]
    ·
  • tn slagamatertn slagamater Posts: 623
    YB,I have done the "Houndog Lobster" several times. It is SOOO GOOOOD I would hesitate to try another method.

·
  • YB, Thanks. BTW, nice little dinner party you had going there. :)[p]Debbie

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    tn slagamater,
    I agree with you Jim...It's to good to even thinking about changing the recipe.
    Larry

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    FlaGal,
    I confirm, the dwell in the shell recipe is to kill for.
    I've used it 5 or 6 times and it just keeps getting better.
    BD

·
  • tn slagamatertn slagamater Posts: 623
    YB, My son, a non egger at the time, a real skeptic, ate houndogs lobster off the egg. Two weeks later he had lobster at a gourmet upscale BIG TIME restaurant. He admitted the EGGED lobster was incomparable, ten times better in taste.....Hope to see you and Kaye and some watermelon rinds in EGGTOBER !! Bring your Thermapen...

·
  • buttruberbuttruber Posts: 2
    YB, where can I find the lobster recipes, you guys are making me crave some seafood.

·
  • Buttruber,[p]try this link. I found it from doing a search (down below all the messages) for "lobster"

·
  • Buttruber,
    (trying again with the link)

[ul][li]Lobster Recipe[/ul]
    ·