Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One egg has to go ...

Options
13»

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    ...once you own a large there is NO need for a medium....since you asked..LOL

To me there is just about as much reason to own a medium as a second as it is to own a small. I bought a medium as my second for the sole purpose of having a second egg to do diff cook temps at the same time. I couldn't be happier with it. And yes I do fire it up all the time and leave the large sitting. My opinion. "just sayin"
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    I have 2 larges and my next egg purchase will be a small.

I bought the second large when I was doing a market last summer where I needed to be able to leave it. At the end, I brought it home and will not be doing the market again this year. It'll definitely come in handy for large parties, but at some point in the future we hope to take it down to our family cabin in Oregon. (We hope to someday live close enough to use the cabin much more often than we do now.)

I'd like the small for quick cooks when it's just one, two, or three of us. Seems like there would be less lump used.

If I was to have 3 eggs, it would either be a large, small, and mini or 2 larges plus either a small or mini. A medium would not be in the running for me.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    That' BS. Large and Medium is a great combination.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Not "BS" at all....merely my opinion, not sure where you get off calling my post Bullsh!t..
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I just don't agree that the only reason people buy a Medium is because they can't afford a Large. The Medium is a good cooker that I believe gets a bum rap on here sometimes. Wasn't trying to start anything.