Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

To Keep Or Not To Keep Nest?

JasperJasper Posts: 378
edited 8:44AM in EGG Table Forum
That is the question... ;)

Hi all, I just got my first large BGE last weekend and the dealer threw in the nest for free. I'm planning on building a table for my egg this spring and am wondering if there is a need to keep the nest for any reason. Or should I just sell it when the table is finished? They're worth about a $150 here in Canada and that could buy a lot of accessories! :)

My first cook was "beercan chicken" and a roast chicken. Both turned out amazing!
·

Comments

• BigTBigT Posts: 385
    Keep it- if it's in primo shape maybe you can ask the dealer for an unassembled one still in the box.
    ·
  • I'm in the same boat. I used my XL in a nest for the first year. Then I finally got off my butt and finished the table. Now the nest sits on the corner of the deck unused.
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    My eggsperience has shown that as soon as we get rid of anything, we desperately need it again!
    ·
  • JimmyCJimmyC Posts: 1
    had the same deal here in GA at an ACE Hardware - he gave me credit for the nest and I got the egcesseries I needed instead. Now it sits on the ground while I build the table/patio.
    ·