Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

portland oregon bbq????

mad max beyond eggdomemad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,133
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anybody got a place??? a co worker is out there right now?
·

Comments

• I used to travel there a lot. Portland is not really a city known for its BBQ. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

There are some great seafood and ethnic restaurants there. Have your friend ask around. The locals are pretty friendly.
    ·
  • I can't say for certain, because i've never been to Portland. However, I have heard that podnah's bbq is the best in that area. I have some kin around that neck of the woods.
    ·
  • Watch man v. food portland he has some great suggestions
    FireWalker
    ·
  • MadMax -

I lived outside of Portland back in the late 80's. There used
    to be a place in the eastern part of Portland, around Lake
    Oswego that a couple of guys from Dallas had set up shop.
    I couldn't tell you if they're still there, but their BBQ was
    the real thing. Good smoke, sauce on the side. Maybe some of the
    Portland area eggers could chime in.

Good eggin'
    -paul
    ·
  • Max, One of my Chef friends just moved from portland and this is all he can come up with. Podnahs or Big Kahunah's. He said Podnahs gets more press yet better overall at big Kahunahs. Yet not my BBQ he said!! Hoss
    ·
  • If it exists I have not found it.

But then I gave up trying some years ago.

Spacey
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,566
    Hit Jake's Famous Crawfish.

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/locations/portland-oregon/portland-oregon/sw12thave.aspx

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/DbZ9dlJVZW68i9EzYqtcbA?select=QZ-fvDutKwGbTDl5_nm67Q

Was in Portland for a week and walking distance to Jake's. We stayed at the "Benson Hotel". Cool old hotel.
    Great happy hour time every night.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Tell'em to think more surf than turf.
    ·