Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce?

SingleMalt
SingleMalt Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I do a lot of pork loins in my egg using several methods and I like them all. It seems that the receipe for loin w/raspberry chipotle sauce gets a lot of attention and I'd like to try it. Is there a receipe for making the sauce or is it something you get "off the shelf" and, if so, where should I look for it?

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    There are several brands available in retail stores, some better than others. Sam's carries a brand that's on the "passable" end of the spectrum (don't recall the brand). Costco carries another, that I think is excellent, made by Fischer and Wieser. OR - you can make your own. Do a Google and you'll find several recipes.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Single Malt,
    Fischer & Wieser makes my favorite. A friend of mine recently bought some at Cosco. The link is to the manufacturer.
    JCA[p]

[ul][li]Fischer & Wieser[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Single Malt,
    This was posted here on the Forum fairly recently, though I didn't copy who posted. It sounds good, and is simple. I copied another that's more complicated, but also sounds very good. I'll send it when I find it.[p]Raspberry/Chipotle Sauce[p]18 oz Hunts BBQ Sauce
    16 oz. Knotts seedless Raspberry Preserves
    8 oz white vinegar
    6 canned Chipotles en adobo chopped extremely fine
    3 TBS garlic crushed
    1/2 stick sweet butter[p]
    Mix all over low-med heat and simmer until all are well mixed.
    This sauce is sweet and hot so you don't need too much!

• Gretl
    Single Malt,
    Here's the other recipe. Tonia, is this yours? It sounds awesome. I keep meaning to make it. Dang, I really should add a name to the title when I save recipes! Sorry.[p]Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce[p]NOTE:for those who like their BBQ Hot & Smoky![p]6 Tbls. packed dark brown sugar
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup molasses
    1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbls dark rum
    2 Tbls yellow mustard
    1 Tbls pure chili powder
    2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    2 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. ground allspice
    1/4 tsp. ground cloves[p]2 cups ketchup[p]1/4 cup Chipotles en Adobo (may want to use much less and add as desired heat!)
    2 cups Raspberry Preserves
    Kosher or sea salt
    Pepper[p]In large saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire, rum, mustard, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, allspice and cloves.[p]Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, until all ingredients are dissolved, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.[p]Stir in ketchup and bring to boil, stirring constantly.[p]Add salt and pepper to taste.[p]Reduce heat slightly, add raspberry jam and 1/4 cup chipotles and gently simmer sauce, uncovered, until dark & thick, about 30 minutes, stirring often.[p]Use right away or transfer to jars, cover, cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
    Sauce will keep several months. Makes 5 cups or 20 servings.

• Gretl,
    so, where is the magic bird ingredient???

• Single Malt,[p]This sauce has never failed me. Careful with the chipolte, you may want to cut back on it as it might be too hot for you.[p][p]Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce[p]1/4 cup unsalted butter
    1/4 cup shallots, minced
    2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
    1/2 cup cane sugar
    1/2-cup orange juice, concentrate
    1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1-teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4-teaspoon ground clove
    1-can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
    1 cup seedless raspberry jam
    1 32 ounce bottle ketchup
    1/4 cup Grand Marnier (optional)[p]Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium hot heat and sauté the shallots and garlic cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, orange juice, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves, blending with a wire whisk heat until the sugar has dissolved. Blend in the chipotle puree, jam, and ketchup, stirring until well blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. If you are using the Grand Marnier add it the last 5 minutes of cooking.[p]Yield 6 to 7 cups

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    BobM, Could you tell me is this a finishing sauce or do you do something else with it? Is it good on anything else besides pork?[p]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Gretl,[p]Nope, not mine. The one I did was even more complicated than that one. It called for a raspberry melba sauce, which I couldn't fine anywhere, so not only did I make the raspberry chipotle bbq sauce, I also made the melba sauce from fresh raspberries (put through a sieve to remove the seeds - which is the really hard part) to put in it as an ingredient...[p]It was most incredible, but lots of work...[p]This one sounds pretty good to me, too![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Pork2.jpg
    <p />Single Malt,
    I use the Fischer and Weiser sauce. Marinate it for several hours, wrap in bacon and grill direct on an elevated grid.[p]Pretty good stuff.[p]Mike

• Gretl
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Gee, I'll have to save some for the next EggFest!

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Single Malt,
    This is my wife's and mines favorite sauce for ribs. Its dead simple, easy, and tastes great on pork. The Ugly Brothers sauce is great!
    Scroll down till you see the raspberry/chipotle rib sauce.
    Others may be as good but not as simple. Try this and I think you and others will be very satisfied with the results.
    later,
    ron.

[ul][li]Ugly Bros. sauce[/ul]
  • Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Gretl,
    Do the squiggly things by the amount of Worcestershire sauce mean "approximate"? Or what? Thanks.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Hmm ... I don't see any squigglies. Are you using a Mac, by chance? So far as that goes, I don't see any special characters on that page either, especially near the words "worcestershire". Dunno??
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    BobM,
    How long will ths keep in the fridge?
    Crab Leg

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    You can keep it in the fridge forever. Of course, you can't eat it after a certain period of time, but you can keep it. :)[p]Jim
  • Angie2b,
    I've only used it on pulled pork and ribs and both came out great. It's mostlya finishing sauce