Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey. Where's Pato?

Options
Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
He hasn't posted since Jan. 28.

I hope everything's OK down there.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    He comes around every now and then. Always a possitive responce when asked about his venture.

Gary, your not too far. You should head down and have dinner at his restaurant. ;)
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Ripnem wrote:
    Gary, your not too far. You should head down and have dinner at his restaurant. ;)

I might do that, since I don't have to drive through Jaurez on my way down. And, if I can't find Pato, I know Beli will feed me well !! :laugh:

By the way, I think Pato closed his restaurant because the economy is so bad. Hope he reopens in the future.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Good morning guys. Pato is fine & working hard......At weekends he is 100% following his his passion.....Cooking!!! organizing this incredible dinners at his home with the help of his lovely wife Cinthia. Will let him know that you asked for him.......BTW you are right Gary...welcome any time.. :P
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Thanks Beli, glad to hear all is well with Pato and Cinthia. I miss his posts. Del and I were just talking about him the other day and we were thinking aobut taking a drive from Scottsdale to Monterey for a few days and stop in his restaurant. So you're saying that his restaurant is closed?
  • Beli
    Options
    Anne, The restaurant is closed now. But he organizes this friday/saturday dinners at his home that are magnificent. If you come over we must get together with them & you know that you are most welcome at home.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I heard from him yesterday. No mention of anything amiss.

Mike
  • Beli
    Options
  • reelgem
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about that. Is there any chance of it re-opening? Pato is such a talented chef. We just got back to Milwaukee last night and we'll be here a little while. But our next trip to Scottsdale we're seriously thinking about taking a road trip into Mexico. We'd love to get together with you & Lauren and Pato & Cinthia. When it gets closer I will contact you.
  • Beli
    Options
    Just got an e-mail from Pato all is well & is getting ready for Austin in may... ;)
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I'll be there. Hop you will be too, Beli.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    Hey guys!!

All is good... It feels nice to be missed, now I feel bad for not posting now and then at least to say hi... hehe

I hadn't made the time due to different factors:

For starters the bank I work for moved offices and we've been working overtime to have everything setup in the new building...

Then, the restaurant issue... it's closed due to problems with the partners... It is still closed due to the same reason and will remain closed for the same reason... There are legal issues to attend and I haven't had time to look into a new venue for a new restaurant, although already have the plans for it, name, concept and all... as soon as this is resolved a new restaurant will be opened and I hope this is soon. In the meantime as Beli said, I'm having dinner parties at home developing new recipes and relationships with farmers, wine makers, purveyors and the such...

You're all welcome in Monterrey anytime you wish to drop by!

cheers!
  • Beli
    Options
    Gary.....Got lots of good friends in that direction...hope we can make it.
  • reelgem
    Options
    It's great to hear from you Pato, I hope you can get all your issues resolved soon. I know how hard you worked to get the restaurant up and running. I'm sure you'll keep busy with your job at the bank and dinner parties. Good luck with everything.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Good to hear from you Pato. "Partners" is supposed to be a good word, but in business it often ends up being a bad word. Sorry to hear of your trouble, but I know your passion will win out in the end!

Best of luck
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • a collegue once said to me
    "in Iran we have a saying 'if partners were a good idea god would have one'"
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Hey, Pato -

Don't forget that you & Cinthia are most welcome to stay at our home again if you make it up to Austin for the Texas Eggfest.

Joni & Layla say hello.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Was curious if he had a new sideline . . . :lol: :silly:

ElPatoSauceb.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap