Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FINALLY!

Options
Spoon
Spoon Posts: 328
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After months of lurking, reading and saving my pennies, I finally ordered my egg!

I ended up with the Lg, long cypress table and a platesetter to start with. They delivered the table on Sat and I spent today weatherproofing it with Cabots SPF Deck and Fence. They are delivering the egg tomorrow at 6p.

I have been using a Weber Summit 6 burner to grill and a WSM to smoke. I am looking forward to being able to do it all in one unit. I already have learned a lot from reading the forum over the past few months. I hope to join in more now that I have my egg. I just need to practice uploading photos. ;)

I will not be able to use it for a day or two because we are in the middle of moving into or new place. This was my house warming gift to myself. The wife doesn't know yet, I figure better to ask forgiveness than permission. Besides, I will need to be doing most of the cooking since she is pregnant with twins and all (hence the new much bigger place).

~Spoon
"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon

Comments

• rzrrob
    rzrrob Posts: 162
    Options
    good luck with it ,,,, the firt night I had mine I did not have anything to cook so I just light her up empty lol :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    CONGRATS! On all accounts! & WELCOME. :)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Spoon- You take care of that wife and two true Newbies on the way!! :) Wow...two more eggheads coming soon!! :laugh: Truly, take care of the Misses....and just ask when you need help on a cook! Welcome to the forum! And welcome to Egg addiction... :blush:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Congrats.

Mike
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Way to go spoon! :woohoo: Congrats on the egg but more importatntly the twins. ;) Good luck with explaining it to the wife. :whistle:

No worries, soon she'll be lavished with fine food and all will be forgiven! ;)
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I am excited and blessed for all the great things happening right now. Going from one kid (a 2 y/o) to three is going to be a big jump. Now were outnumbered. :blink: Having all the space (and storage) we need will help.

My wife knows I have been coveting a egg for awhile, she did not know I had socked the money for one away. I do about 80% of the cooking most or the time and that number will increase as the due date and the warm weather approach.

~Spoon
    (Alex in Atlanta)
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • edg1
    edg1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Congrats on the new additions to the family.

edg
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    Options
    Congrats on all the new additions! I've had my large egg since July. My wife was not keen on the cost, but I kept doing my research, and putting some dough away here and there. She will now tell anyone who listens how great our egg is. She loves it (doesn't cook on it, because I won't let her!), and is always telling our friends they need to get one. I had to "promise" to cook more, and I told her I'd smoke all the meat for our son's HS graduation this spring if she let me get one. I too subscribe to the "its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" theory. Good Luck!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Spoon,

Congrats on both your upcoming events. You will find that the egg is a money saver at the end of the day as eating out becomes virtually non-existent.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON