Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheese is on

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cleaned out the large after about 12 short cooks. Filled a coffee can about 3/4ths full. Mostly BGE lump, some RO

22110001.jpg

Cheese

22110002.jpg

22110003.jpg

Some alder pellets and grape chips.
Nuther hour or so then I'll crank her up.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Interesting..Molly you smoke a lot of cheese correct? All for personal consumptiom? Just wondering as I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks,
  • cookn biker
    Personal consumption, yes. I share alot!! My mom really likes my food.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Molly,

Do you use your mini mini for a smoke generator?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Ohhh, you got my wheels churning Steve. That would look hot!! Next itme!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    You have great visions!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • No my vision is terrible. Hence the glasses :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cheese sounds good....can you give me some tips...what are the best cheeses and how to you cook them on the egg...thanks!
  • cookn biker
    I use a soldering iron and a small can. Like this.
    22110004.jpg

22110005.jpg

See the drilled hole on the bottom? Put the can in the egg, iron in the can and chips on top. PS in, sometimes an ice tray and the grill with the cheese

Finished cheese

22110006.jpg

No lump. That is your heat source.
    It is so easy!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • What type pf cheeses are best....how long on the egg?

Thanks for the tip
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    You should move to Wisconsin ya Cheesehead :lol:
  • cookn biker
    Oh, sorry. I think you should try them all. Personal preference. I like colby jack and pepperjack the best. Chedder is probably next. I want to try string cheese.
    Time for me is 2hours. Others will say 90 min. max. Again personal pereference. I did some on my mini for 2 hours and it was way to strong, even after a few weeks of mellowing in the fridge.
    Let the finished cheese sit for 3 days or so then you can use it.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    You obviously didn't spend any time with him on the puter. :S

64 font and I only had to stand and hold the thing on the other side of the room. :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    You should send me some cheese curds!! :);)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hey Molly...
    Here is my cold smoker. It's a lot like yours.
    Jansmoke4a.jpg
  • cookn biker
    Yes it is!! How was the class? 15 and snowing here. Waiting on dinner to get done.
    Can't wait to taste the cheese in a few days!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Molly, do you smoke the cheese in those large blocks? I've been under the assumption that cutting them into smaller pieces helps by having more surface area for the smoke. Big chunks would be easier.
  • Any cheese from Wisconsin is best! ;) :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Those were 2 big blocks. I cut each in thirds.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Molly. I'm glad to hear you want to try the string cheese. I did a gross of them the other day. It took 2 batches on a large egg with the 3-tier rack. I prefer apple wood for them. They go fast ;) Cheesegghead is correct..Wisconcin cheese seems to work the best.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    His vision is worse than terrible!! :lol::lol: Word can not describe.