Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: USA, USA, USA !!!!

EgginDawg
EgginDawg Posts: 747
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A great upset vs. Canada.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    That's because they didn't have any ice up there this year :laugh: :laugh:
  • what a game!!!!!....ryan miller was fabulous in goal, particularly those last three minutes when canada was in the US zone almost the whole time. . .it was like a shooting gallery!!!. ..and the NJ duo of langenbruner and rafalski was absolutely superb tonight!!!!

just a great win. ...and what a day for hockey so far between the russia/czech game and now this one. ..and we still have one more to go with the sweden/finland game at midnight east coast time!!!!. .. .

phew. .. i'm exhausted!!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    max, do u want me to watch the next game too? :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LOL ...you going to be good luck for my swedes???

so, did you enjoy what you watched??
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Awesome game....and the Jersey guys did me proud!!
  • you know i'm a caps fan, but the jersey boys led the way all night long!!!! they were fabulous, along with miller in goal. ...42 saves tonight!!!!
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    miller was amazing tonight
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I didn't really watch all of it. Just not my sport. I always find it interesting when a team totally dominates in "time of possession" as CA did in the last, what, 10? minutes, but still can't seem to get it done.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I don't know how Miller did it. The last couple of minutes, Team USA was standing around like a buncha wooden indians.

Well played, Canada, it was a terrific game.
  • last goal was great - nothing but effort
  • with about 1:30 to go, US desperately needed a line shift but couldn't clear the puck. ...their legs were dead...they finally cleared the puck with about 45 seconds left, got the fresh shift on, played the tighter defense that allowed them to clear the puck to get the empty-netter. .. .but damn, it was scary their for a minute, if miller doesn't stand on his head like he did!!!
  • I know one Jersey boy who didn't play so well. :sick:
    I'm telling ya. I can't figure out why we didn't go with Luongo. He'd be right at home in Vancouver.
    Losing tonight is not the end of the world. That comes when Russia goes at us in the Quarters. Lose to them and us Canucks are going to be some upset, let me tell ya.
    All was not lost today. We did beat the US in Womens Curling and Ice Dancing today. Not that that really counts for anything though.
    Watch the Canada/US final in womens hockey later this week. That too should be great game. Coin toss who will win.
  • Dead legs or not, many of those shots in the last few minutes of the game didn't get through to Miller. They couldn't get the puck out of the zone, but they DID do a fantastic job of blocking shots.

That being said, the goaltending throughout the whole game was outstanding. Certainly the most exciting game I've ever watched. Miller has great big brass ones.

The Russia/Czech game was fantastic too. Jagr may have taken a loss, but at least he now has a clean clock. Yowza.

GREAT hockey yesterday. Did anyone watch the Fin/Swede game later?
  • Ben,

Sorry for any typing errors. Hard to do when you have a paper bag on your head. Good game!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• You're obviously inexperienced at bag-on-head techniques. Take it from the (S)aints fans and cut some eye-holes. While you're at it, cut yourself a Brodeur sized five-hole :evil: so you can eat some pucks-I-mean stuffed burgers.