Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T...how many here own a Blackberry??

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well as a new Berry owner i am blown away at everything it does.One if the best features i use is the blackberry messenger.All you can message and send pics free when sending pin to pin.Got to love a feature like that especially that it is free.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Add me to your messenger Mike.

I've had one for about 10 years now. Just got the bold 9700 yesterday and it is incredible.
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    Fidel i will send ya my pin number via email!! I just got the bold 9000 and added a 8 gb micro sd card to it!
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Bold 9000 here. Love it.

Download Poynt - its free. It looks up your GPS location and will give you businesses around you by name or category. Restaurants w/ reviews. Gas prices to the penny, so you can find the cheapest gas in within X miles, etc. It also lets you call those businesses w/o dialing, and will map a route for you based on an address or GPS location.

At work, me BB vibrates before my emails even get to my Outlook inbox.

Richard
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I am a storm, pearl, curve owner here. Going to pick up the tour shortly. You can tell I am on Verizon. I wish I could have messenger, I am on a corporate BES and that app is blocked for me. I love the blackberry, it does so many things I wish my iPhone would. Oh well, one day there will be a smartphone that can combine the best of all of them ...
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    BB Tour here, 16 GB card. The only thing I wish BB had would be an online Calendar/Contacts/Notes/Memo/Email site. I would like to forward all of my emails to one email and use that to download to my Tour. Right now I am using my Earthlink online account for email management and Yahoo for Contacts and Notes. Don't like that. Otherwise, it is an outstanding device!
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Me me me. I had a Pearl for a short time (I do too many text mess to handle the keyboard) and on my second Curve. This one is spectacular. All cell-to-cell is now free with Sprint anyway so was able to drop down to a much lower plan since nearly everyone I call is cell. Nothing was wrong with the old curve but when that purple hit, I had to have it. Got a purse and thermapen to match. She's stylin, man, she's stylin.

mShark
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Have had 9700 about a month, still learnin it. Only complaint gmail has slowed to a crawl since setting it up on BB, not sure if it is related or not?
  • had one for about 5 or 6 years. just switched to an iphone. cheaper (for me), and i only ever needed the BB for true push email. don't need that now.

i just find that you can toss the iphone to anyone and they are using it in ten seconds. after five years on the BB, i still found things that drove me nuts or i had to "figure out' how to do.

still, i owe my business to the blackberry. without true live email, i'd never have gotten my business off the ground.
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    I did not have the poynt will go and add that one! I never thought a man could get addicted to his phone!! Man oh man am i ever addicted to it.Can't see myself without it!
  • RedBag
    RedBag Posts: 72
    Options
    The push technology is exactly why so many businesses went with BB. It’s why we did. I really like BB but the amount of hardware failures is really starting to become a problem. The Bolds trac record in our company is just awful. I always considered the iphone nothing more than a toy but I’m starting to think we may need to change just because of the cost of replacing these failed BB’s. You just don’t hear about that with the iphones.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    If you've spent any time in an Apple store, dealing with an issue, you would have switched already. Top notch group of people who know the product inside and out.
  • UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    Options
    RedBag wrote:
    The push technology is exactly why so many businesses went with BB. It’s why we did. I really like BB but the amount of hardware failures is really starting to become a problem. The Bolds trac record in our company is just awful. I always considered the iphone nothing more than a toy but I’m starting to think we may need to change just because of the cost of replacing these failed BB’s. You just don’t hear about that with the iphones.

I am a long time blackberry user (I was the first in my company to use one as I won one at a trade show about 10 years ago - back then I had to run a dedicated PC to push the mail to the device as we did not have a BES at that stage).

I having been testing the iPhone for about 6 months now using ActiveSync from our Exchange server (so you get push mail just like a BB).

It will be tough to go back to a blackberry but for corporate use, the BB is better in my opinion.

The iPhone is a wonderful device but there are several key issues that prevent us from adopting them as our corporate standard:
    1. Calendar functionality is awful. We get a random amount of text from the appointment - sometimes I'll have the whole meeting invite including the dial in details, other times I don't but a colleague does. Also, looking for a free time slot using the interface is great but then adding an appointment makes you remember the timeslot and re-enter using the stupid dials rather than allowing you to click on a timeslot and have it entered for you. When you move an appointment in your calendar, it will let you change the time but it won't send out an alert to others than the time has changed.
    2. Battery life
    3. Keyboard sucks for typing mail
    4. Random call dropping - we use AT&T for both BB and iPhone. The iPhone is far worse for this.

These are all personal opinions - others may disagree but our COO ditched his iPhone and went back and I think the rest of us will follow.

UKMatt
  • RedBag
    RedBag Posts: 72
    Options
    I have no issues with the functionality of the BB, like I said I am a fan. My issue is with the hardware failures. We are not huge with just 15 users, so small sample data to go by but I bet 70% of our BB’s fail before 2 years. Now if it happens in year 1 they are still under warranty so it least there is no cost associated with it, just the hassle. But if it happens in year 2 after the warranty is up and before you are eligible for an upgrade they just hammer you with the replacement cost. Insurance is no bargain either.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i got the curve II before christmas

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb