Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BBQ Guru Fan noisy

Eager EggerEager Egger Posts: 236
edited 1:49AM in EggHead Forum
The 10CFM Fan on my BBQ Guru is noisy and I am afraid it is going out. Has anyone tried disassembling and lubricating/repairing one of these fans? It is probably 2 1/2 years okd and I would like to avoid buying a new one.
Mike

Comments

• Give them a call At BBQ Guru.They have excellent customer service and very helpful.I've never taken mine apart.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,336
    Is there a chance it has merely sucked in some debris thus making the fan blades flap against it? Perhaps a blast of compressed air or a vacuum might make a difference. I believe that fan and motor are the same used to cool computers and they are tough, long lasting fans.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Hi RRP: I'll give this a try.
    Mike