Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mickey Will Be Asking for Recipes Soon

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got off the phone with Mickey. He's a nice Texas boy from up Salado way. We Texans sorta keep tabs on all the good Texans and he just had a scare that resulted in a visit to a fine Texas hospital that patched him up and told him the TIA's he experienced were warning signs.

In typical fashion they said take pills, diet, exercise and don't chase wild wo..... (oh wait! I don't think they said that last thing). Anyway, he now has to re-learn how to cook and eat healthy food. So that means he will be asking you guys questions about how to cook without salt, what kinds of foods are good for a diet but also taste delicious, and how can it all be cooked on the Egg.

You guys did a wonderful job telling me what and how to handle it two years ago, so here's your chance to help a very nice Egghead who just wants to do what the doctor says.

Spring "Help Is Just An Egghead Away" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Spring Chicken wrote:
    We Texans sorta keep tabs on all the good Texans

Waaaaaaaaa ! You don't keep tabs on me !!! :(

I've seen a lot of posts about pizzas with disgustingly healthy ingredients, like asparagus, mushrooms, etc. You could also add lowfat cheese (yuk).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I was not reading the forum two years ago, so I look forward to those posts as well. I'm always interested in how to cook healthy food.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'm here for him!! :) Anytime!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Leroy thanks for the kind words.
    I do have to start over on the eating thing. Seems the first 62 years I only would eat what I liked and as much of it as I could hold.
    I am told it is an all new ballgame for the next 62.
    If any of you guys has had a TIA please tell me what you are doing on the food.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance, what is a TIA?
    Thanks
    Jim
    JCinGA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    TIA is a stroke. I have a very mild one and told very lucky.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Best of luck to you Mickey and if I had any recipes I'd certainly give them. I'm still eating mostly what I want and what Susie will let me get away with. My biggest downfall so far is my salt intake.

Best of luck.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    I guess the beef ribs are no-no?! And the bloody mary's are pretty salty. Guess i'm not much help yet but will work on it!