Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the BGE worth it?

Roll Tide
Roll Tide Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Absolutely yes!
After a week and a half of owning my egg and cooking at high temps, mid-range temps, and low and slow today, I would highly encourage anyone on the fence to jump on-board. I have cooked boston butts for a long time and smoked meat for years, but today was hands down the easiest low and slow I have ever done. I would have never imagined leaving the house while cooking with my offset smoker due to temp fluctuations (given its not a high-dollar offset and is not indicative of what a quality offset is capable of). Regardless, I started the egg around 6 this morning and let her cook. At 10, I realized the temp was steady at 235* and didnt appear to be going anywhere, so I loaded up and went for to the gym for a run and workout... I know that I need to hit the gym hard, because I am hitting the egg pretty hard.. When I got home, temp was right where I left it. Then, I decided to visit my grandpa for an hour or so, came back, temp was right where I left it... I couldn't imagine my first low and slow going any better. My only regret is not buying an egg earlier. Here are some pics from todays labor, if I can call it that...

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

Comments