Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Neat iPhone App

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Cost me $1.99 but it is one of the best apps for my iphone yet.

Red Laser - It let's you scan a bar code of some product and will instantly give you locations and prices where you can buy it. I was in Lowe's yesterday and showed the plumbing department guy a photo of the sink drain I needed to alter to allow for a water heater to be installed. He said he wished most people would bring photos of their projects so he could get a better idea of what they were trying to do.

He said, "Too bad you can't blow up the image so I can see it better." I spread my two fingers over the image and waa laa, a close-up image good enough that he could see exactly what he wanted to know. He said, "Amazing!"

I said, "you think that's something, watch this." I reached up on the shelf and grabbed the first thing I came to, held it up, scanned it and instantly there was a list on places (stores and on line) where the item is sold, along with the price. He now wants an iphone.

Anyway, Red Laser. http://redlaser.com/

Spring "Cool Technology Is A Blast Of Fresh Air" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Leroy
    You sure are tech savy. I'm still challenged on most electronics.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I try to keep up. Got another app that I can use to stop dogs from barking. I just open the app and adjust a signal bar up or down until the right frequency annoys the dog. Once I found it every time he barks I hit the frequency until he stops. It doesn't take long for him to connect the dots.

Another one lets me find where I parked my car if I can't recall. All I do is park the car, turn on the app and it fixes the position. I can also make verbal or written notes about where it is and even take a photo of the surrounding area. Later when I get ready to locate my car I simply turn on the app and it lets me know which direction to head to, eventually taking me back to my car. I think it was also $1.99.

Some apps are free and are pretty handy. Like one will not only tell me where I am but if I happen to be looking for a restaurant or gas station or hospital, just select the category and it will list all in my area, complete with a map on how to get there.

Ain't technology fun...

Spring "Somewhere Between Lost And Found" Chicken
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Yea,
    Thats pretty cool. I just got a barkless Basenji a few years ago. That took care of the barking dog problem.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Thanks, Leroy. I downloaded a laser-pricing app, but it doesn't seem to be as good as the one you found. I will have to try Red Laser.

A good free app - "Trapster". Let's you know where the cops are waiting for you - self-reporting, but a good app. I just got in from a 250 mile trip home and used it a good bit.
  • MtnBlue
    MtnBlue Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I downloaded the Red Laser app. It is really cool!