Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turtles

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,059
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got these pics in an e-mail. Can't remember seeing them on here.

Outlook.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• That is too cool! What's in the middle, a hamburger?
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!Now that is same tasty lookin turtle :lol: :laugh: :lol:
    ·
  • Very Interesting. I'm sure the kids would love them.
    ·
  • I don't know. I ust thought it was cute. The possibilities are endless. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Steve I tried Caguama Turtle's breasts once (the large Caribbean turtle) ........the most incredible taste.......cooked covered in banana leaves..........Exquisite
    ·
  • Beli,

I've had turtle in NOLA. Really like it! Prepared like this it would be awesome.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • scrapple!!!
    ·
  • Tastes Like Chicken!!! :P
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,310
    Steven, turtle soup is about the best soup on the planet, no? Nothing to do with your post, but thought it needed to be said
    ·
  • I agree man. Ever try conch chowder manhattan style with some hot sauce? My red gravy is perkin away.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,667
    agreed! After getting hooked on it in NOLA years ago we found a brand of great canned turtle soup believe it or not and we served that often as a speciality. Unfortunately the store that carried it went out of biz and now memory even fades what the brand name was! :pinch:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Ron,

Dontcha just hate that :(

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,310
    Bookbinders is a locally famous Philadelphia restaurant, they canned their version of it, spectacular, here is a link:

http://www.bookbinders.biz/
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Steve:

Ya think it might be a related to an Octodog?

Octodog.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands!
    :whistle: :lol: :ermm:
    ·
  • Man that is wrong on so many levels :laugh: Wish I had any talent at all ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Lady Curzon Soup "A triumph without trying."

• 2 cans Bookbinder's turtle soup
    • 1-2 Tbls. curry powder
    • 2 Tbls. cognac
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated

Heat soup and curry powder slowly until serving temperature. Stir in cognac. Pour into serving cups (demitasse cups suggested). Spoon a small amount of cream over the soup in each cup and serve.

Mrs. John Engelsted in The Cookbook from the Worcester Art Museum (1976). It's one of those Junior League kind of cookbooks full of exceptional and different recipes....

I love this soup! 20 years ago I made the mistake of serving it to some non-foodie Michiganders who I discovered wouldn't even get near a shrimp or oyster.

I still want to know what's in those turtles!!
    ·
  • Hey Julie!

How are you darlin'? Check down a few threads somebody was asking about your mustard for Cuban sammies.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I saw this a few weeks ago on the blog, A Hamburger Today..http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/02/photo-of-the-day-bacon-cheese-turtleburgers.html

Good stuff!
    ·