Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I cook a 6 lb. turkey breast.

Options
memphis egg
memphis egg Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have cheese cloth. What temp? How long?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    MemphisEgg,
    When I cook turkey breasts, I take my usual simple-minded approach and rub them with olive oil and then give a sprinkling of Montreal Steak Seasoning or Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin. I cook them just like I would in an oven, on a rack at 325 until the internal temp is close to 180. I do them indirect over a drip pan and add a little bit of smoking wood, but not a lot.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    MemphisEgg,[p]I did a a 3 pound boneless last night at an indirect 375-400 for an hour and ten minutes. From what I've read on the forum, suggested temps are between 325 to 400. I took mine off with an internal temp of 160 and wrapped it in foil for ten minutes before slicing. [p]There's a debate about whether to brine or not. If you have time, it's probably better. A turkey breast can't be too juicy. I forgot to brine the night before, so I put it in some brine for about six hours ahead of cooking, rinsed it off, and coated it with paste I made up of olive oil and a rub from a local BBQ shop. Succulent results.