Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with some Brisket

Donwon9999
Donwon9999 Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I am cooking brisket for the first time and need some help!

I put some soy sauce and Dizzy raising the steaks rub on last night. Started the green egg and keeping around 225 right now.

The briskets are 6 pounds and about 3.5 lbs. When I put them on, I put some mesquite chips in and rubbed them with some dizzy dust.

What is a good temp to cook at and what should I do as they cook? Is there any liquid that should be added?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Cook at 225 to 250. Target temp should be about 190 to 195 to pull. Then wrap in foil and place in cooler for up to an hour or more. Then enjoy!
  • Cook them around 225 if you are doing the low and slow method. Some people mop the brisket and some don't touch it at all. Some people foil at around 160 and some don't. A lot of guys will put a tin pan below the brisket with beef broth and onions. This will not only keep the meat moist while smoking but also catch the drippings and you can use that as a finishing sauce or you can set the brisket in the juice while you let it sit in foil and rest for a few hours after you pull it off. There are lots of ways of doing it and none of them are right or wrong you just have to try different things and see what you like best.