Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biscuits on the Egg - how do you do 'em?

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thinking about doing these for breakfast Sat. morning at the Texas Eggfest - do y'all just use a platesetter and bake those pop-can type? Any other suggestions? What temp?[p]Thanks,[p]TRex (already hungry just thinking about Saturday morning)

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    TRex,[p]Mrs. GrillMeister will be doing em. We watched Smokey do em at Waldorf. He covered a pizza stone with foil and baked at about 450. Worked out real well. He did the pop up kind.[p]See ya soon!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Saturday tradition at competitions- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands "Buttery Tastin" biscuits + a center-cut ham slice and/or country ham. Cook biscuits on round cookie sheet over plate setter at ~375°. Remove plate setter when biscuits are done, or on another egg, grill up the ham and cut into biscuit size portions. Mighty fine breakfast!![p]Jim
  • Unknown
    Options
    TRex,
    Looks like its gonna be open season for Egged Biscuits at the Texas Eggfest. I'm making some too. I use the Country Style pop-opens and place them directly on the pizza stone. Only did it a few times and they came out okay. I wanted to do some "drop biscuits" but forgot to get the mix at the store today. I've also thought about doing pancakes on the pizza stone. But that means having to keep the lid open too much. Even so, I might try it at the Fest just to add a little uncertainty to the morning air. For biscuits, a well stabilized 400° to 450° instead of the 375° on the can would be my guess.[p]You doing eggs on the Egg? I'm gonna try that too. All this is assuming I can even wake up with all that fresh air I'll be breating in my lakeside Coleman Pop-Up camper (rented).[p]Looks like we will be there between 3:00 and 4:00 tomorrow.[p]Looking forward to seeing you again.[p]Spring "Texas Eggfest Bound" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips! I was so hungry for biscuits last night after reading your responses - had to have one for breakfast this morning (not off the Egg, but it was goooood)[p]TRex
  • Unknown
    Options
    TRex,
    Just a question, if you are going to all that effort to heat up the egg, why not get the Pilsbury frozen Buttermilk or Southern Style biscuits? They are sooooooooooooooo much better than the canned variety. Then add some grits and gravy with that ham!