Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks WileECoyote for the alcohol trick

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today after receiving my very own 60ml syringe i just could not wait to hit the store to get myself some 90% rubbing alcohol.But just seems like here in my part of Canada all we have is 50,70 or 99 % , so i went with the 99%.I did exactly as describe in the video and hell the egg was light well under a minute and was steady and burning clean and ready for meat in 5 minutes.Egg is now at 400 with a nice pork roast!
Again a big thanks to WileECoyote for the help with the very very easy way of lighting the egg with alcohol.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    It was a very generous offer to be sure. Remember Moose, we all know you have two eyebrows!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    so where do you buy a syringe?

local herorin users :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikeb6109
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    went to the local shoppers drug mart and asked if they had a 60 ml syringe.They handed it over and said no charge!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Heck, even in my one horse town, we have a medical supply store . . . $1.29 or thereabouts!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Glad to hear that it worked out well for you mikeb. I would still recommend using the 91% isopropyl alcohol because 99% may not be safe and may not work as well for the reasons that we discussed via email. Be careful and enjoy it.

Like I mentioned in the previous threads, the syringes are readily available at most pharmacies, veterinarians, medical supply stores, ebay, and many other websites. They range in cost from free to $5 each. I purchased them in bulk on clearance for about $0.75 each delivered. The rubber stoppers are harder to find but can be obtained from some wine or cooking stores or scientific laboratory suppliers. I got the stoppers in bulk too for about $0.50 each delivered. It cost me $1.40 to ship each kit so I ended up spending $2.65 per kit or $132 total on the free giveaways. Happy to do it as a service to the forum members that were open minded enough to give it a try.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thank you Bob. I got mine as well. Tim :)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I received mine today. Thanks, WileE. Very kind of you! I'm tied up with car repairs today and the ...gulp...dentist :ermm: tomorrow, but I'll use it Sat. for sure and give you a report.
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Thanks WC
    Got mine today. Will try direct in lump without chimney this weekend.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    I think your going to like it Jerry. I tried mine today and it works great! Tim

Thanks again Bob. ;)
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Thx Tim,
    You guys coming out to OKC eggfest?
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    No. We will try to make it to the fest in Indiana this Summer and that is still contingent on a few things. Thanks for asking. :) Tim
  • DrugCoder
    Options
    Thanks again!

Got mine yesterday. I'm hitting WallyWorld on my lunch break so I can give it a try tonight.