Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MollyShark needs us

Spring Hen
Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When an egghead is down we all feel the pain. Molly Shark lost her dog, Kishka, today. She and the vet tried everything they could but he just couldn't make it. Just wanted you all to know. I don't know if she will see our post but she will feel the love.
Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• surveyor
    surveyor Posts: 124
    Dogs are just like one of the family. MollyShark has my sincere sympathy.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Our best to Monica. It's never easy losing our 4 legged friends.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    No question, our pets are part of the family!! MollyShark, SO sorry for your loss. :(
  •  
    Our sincerest regrets for your loss MollyShark, nothing I can say will make it any easier but our hearts are with you.

Gator

• Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Molly - you have my deepest sympathy. Our pets are important members of our family and it's heartbreaking to lose one. I'm facing the same thing with my 16 year old Boston Terrier. I hope it brings you some comfort to know that your egghead family shares in your loss.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    I don't even know what to say. He was only 2. Stupid thing to happen. Thanks. All of you.
  • MollyShark,

I feel your pain, just as all of us pet owners do on this forum. I have not cried as much as I have when I've lost a pet that had unconditional love for me.

I know this is a cliche, but I like to believe it's true.
    http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    So sorry MollyShark. Cannot imagine how you must feel. My thoughts are with you.
  • I'm so sorry! Pauline and Scooby and I will be thinking of you.
    The Naked Whiz
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Blessings to you Mollyshark I empathize with you. :(
  • i'm sending big cyberhugs down ft.worth way, thats for sure!!!
  • I know you are very upset. I remember bawling over your post of losing your dog a couple of years ago. So sorry for your loss.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    She is in my prayers Judy! A hard time for her and her family.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    So sorry for you and your family in losing your dog. I feel your pain as a dog becomes a big part of the family, especially when you have had the dog since it was a puppy. In time I hope you decide to get another dog(s).

Gary
  • Molly is a great person, best of wishes and comfort to you. May your pain subside and you enjoy the wonderful memories of the time you shared. Keith
  • Mollyshark my heartfelt prayers go out to you. I once lost a dog of three years old and like you I was devastated but I came to realize that it was not the length of time spent but rather the quality of time and unconditional love that was shared that really mattered.

So sorry for your loss sending prayers to both you and Kishka

AuntieEgger
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Molly, Linda and I are so sorry for your loss.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Molly, From my post you know I can truly hurt with you. We can't have kids and these "animals" are as close to our kids as we will ever know. Just know you did all you could. I get mad at people who get an animal and then when it comes to taking care of it right or spend money on a vet they act like your crazy even though they are heading out to there condo in Fort Walton next week or something like that. When Susie died in Nov., as with all the ones before, I found comfort in knowning I had done all I could. You should as well. It will get better. Promise. Been there, done that and will, as should you, do it again. Called the breeder of the German Shepherd I have 1st pick male last night. She's pregnant. Never replace Susie but can't imagian life with out a "kid" for long.
  • Molly,

Pets are valued members of the family. We have two cats at home and I can feel your pain and you have my sympathies.

A couple of years back, we had to put down Freddie, one of the original brothers we adopted 16 years ago. It was heart wrenching for sure. Over time, you realize that the memories stay with you and you can take comfort. While you will never be able to replace the departed, there is always room to bring someone new into the fold.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital