Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to reheat ribs?

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Believe it or not, I finally have leftover ribs. (Before this, they've always been completely devoured on the first day, but I made eight racks, and we just couldn't finish them all.)[p]So what is the best way to preheat these puppies? I'm thinking about wrapping them in foil, maybe adding a little sauce (for moisture), and heating them in the oven at 300 for 20 minutes or so.[p]Does anyone have a special trick for reheating? Thanks!

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]I personally like placing them in a gallon size storage bag and nuking them for about 1 minute or so.[p]My experience with oven heating has always been drying them out.[p]Hope this helps.

• Unknown
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]Wrapped in foil in the toaster-oven works for me.
    Try it with one rib to see if you like it.

• Unknown
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]Take a large bowl and put a few inches of water in the bottom. Insert one of those cheap steamers or even a small bowl to lay the ribs across and keep them out of the water. Cover with foil and reheat at 350-400 for 15-20 minutes. This way they'll be as tender as when you first pulled them off the Egg.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    I always vacuum pack any left over ribs when they cool down and then either freeze them or fridge them if I am planning on reheating them in the near future. When I am ready to reheat them I just drop the bag full of ribs in water and bring it to a boil. They are steaming hot and no loss of moisture. They taste like they just came off of the egg.

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    I'd echo what Pitbull said. I always vacuum seal them and then they don't dry out a bit when boiled in the bag to reheat.[p]If you don't have a Tilia or like, it will more than pay for itself in short order.
    Rod