Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PAIN - Guys & Gals

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
PAIN -- The wife has started a new diet (yesterday) and ya know what happens when "the wife starts a new diet"? SO DO I !!!

The pain is here ---- NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS! Now, I've said it! My eggs are already screaming for MERCY !

Background: My daughter (Seattle, WA) lost 31.4 # in 6 weeks on this diet from the book "Eat to Live". Basically a Mediterranean-style eating plan, with no animal products, no dairy products and eating tons of fruit, salads, veggies for 6 weeks.

So, I am going to embrace this and give it a try. I will have to resort to eggin' veggies - maybe I will get that new Wok out, season it up and stir fry some veggies. :woohoo:

Exception: I do have my first BBQ comp coming up on April3, so I will have to practice some, but will limit my tastings (as best I can). :lol::lol:

Soooo, if I can jump on the Weekly Updates a little late, I weighed in Monday morning at 246.6. We will see if I can beat 31.4# in 6 weeks.

PS - after 2 days, I'm already fruited and 'saladded' out ! :silly:

Comments

• Clark,

Just about to start the same deal myself after seeing pics of myself in MN. There are a ton of recipes that work on the egg.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I haven't exercised to any serious degree since my bicycle accident last summer and have picked up a few pounds. I've also got a big high school reunion in late June, so have more incentive to lose.

I know the Mediterranean (actually 'Crete") lifestyle will result in a healthier life, but much of that lifestyle is lost on this continent with our different way of life. I will try again after this 6 week 'dash' to adapt more Mediterranean-style meals to my Egg.

good luck, my friend!
  • Clark,

My problem is that I just cant get full on that stuff. I'll make a meal and get up through the night to eat. Had lentil soup for lunch today and I was starving at 5:00 pm.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    maybe vegatarians lead a healthier life because they die sooner :laugh: have yet to hear about a vegetarian that made a hundred, plenty of meat eating beer drinking fools have made it though :laugh: much easier to eat animal products and give up everything else to lose weight imho :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Little Steven wrote:
    Clark,

My problem is that I just cant get full on that stuff. I'll make a meal and get up through the night to eat. Had lentil soup for lunch today and I was starving at 5:00 pm.

Steve

Sorry, I'm a little late in replying, but I'd like to suggest you try SNACKING! ;)

We've been eating smaller meals (not vegan, though!), but at regular intervals, so we never really get super hungry.

I work a crazy schedule, so the hours are nuts to most people but you can get an idea of what we're doing and adjust the times to your schedule by using the times in parentheses:

4:15 am breakfast (4hrs)
    8:30 am snack (2.5-3 hrs)
    11:30 am lunch (4 hrs)
    3:30 pm snack (2.5-3 hrs)
    6:00 pm dinner (3-4 hrs)
    9:00 pm snack (sleep till breakfast and repeat)

We've lost a combined total of a little over 130 pounds doing this, so it must work! :)