Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE, Jenn Air Gasser, Weber - What to do?

Options
3Pedals6Speeds
3Pedals6Speeds Posts: 439
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, before I had my Lg BGE, like many of us, I went through a series of meat grillin' units. Had the water smoker, gasser and Weber. The Lg BGE has made them all largely obsolete, but I do on occasion seem to need to run a couple different temps, and I'm not ready yet to buy another Egg (kinda want a small eventually). Which should I keep?

I'm actually thinking of putting a table/outdoor kitchen together this summer, and sure don't have room for all three in the new setup. Long range plan is to sneak a small into the mix.

Comments

• CaptainJimmy
    Options
    im in the same boat. I gave away my chest smoker, going to list my weber silver series gasser on CL. I havent used any of them at all since i got the egg.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Can you say "curbside?" ;)
  • GoonSlapper
    Options
    Buy a second BGE and sell the others :evil: I have a large/small. You can't go wrong with that combo, unless you want the large/large combo.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Sounds like you have the plan made out already with the small. If you are making a new kitchen plan it that way.

In the meantime it largely depends on what you want to cook on your overflow. If I were you I'd probably keep the gasser and maybe the Weber since you can hide that one in the bushes anyway...(by the way if you look in my bushes I think there is a Weber).. And a pretty nice gasser hiding under the deck.. Haven't used either in quite some time. (have two LgBGEs).
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Assuming that by "Weber" you mean the charcoal kettle, that's the one I would keep. You can still grill burgers on it if you need the grid space. I HATE gassers!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    The gasser is a good warming drawer.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    I know consensus is to get rid of the Gasser but I would keep it. If your gasser hasa sider burner, that will definitely will be handy. I too, like a lot of us, have a Gasser and I don't use it that much but once in awhile I need the extra space to cook. Sometimes I will have the XL EGg and the Gasser going on at the same time. You can always get another EGG as well.

It's like guitars, can never have enough guitarts.
  • BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello, I would keep the gasser, best of both worlds,
    gas is very fast when you have limited time to get food ready. Yes my food tastes better on BGE, but gas is
    Ok with right seasonings etc. I think there fine for quick direct cooks like burgers. Goodluck Bullyc
  • iabbqguy
    Options
    I was in the same situation when I got my LBGE. I had a nice Ducane gasser and ended up giving it to some college kids. They were able to get some good use out of it.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    1st choice-Weber
    2nd choice-water smoker
    That's it.No other options!
    I still have my WSM smoker,a Weber 22 1/2 inch kettle and a Ranch Kettle.They all come in handy and no way I would EVER part with them!!! B)
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I would keep the gasser. I cook a lot of great food on my gasser, fired it up today to cook some chicken breasts, it was ready to go in about 8 minutes. I think there are varying opinions on why people get rid of their gassers. Some had really bad ones, and some prefer the charcoal taste. Keep your gas grill if its good, dump it if its not. Regarding Webers, thats the brand I use outside of my LBGE. I have a WSM, my gasser, my performer, and too many others I am ashamed to list. They are great cookers, and I think Weber is a great compliment to any BGE. There isnt a difference to the food that comes off of them, they just dont have the versatility that the egg does, and they are going to use more fuel (especially in Winter). The egg is just more fun to use, and explain to your friend that is scratching their head when they see it for the first time. Enjoy your food that comes off of any of your cookers, and good luck.
  • field hand
    Options
    Keep the gasser. We still have our 12 year old Ducane and use it for burgers, brats, and boneless chicken breasts when time is limited. Not as good as the XL but has it's place.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Why not sell off the three units which you dont use, and with the proceeds buy your extra egg, and let what you get for the rubbish dictate what size egg you buy.
    Greetings from Ireland, Roger