Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Fire Grate

Bluecrab3
Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any idea how long before this one is done????? Any bets?

018.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    2 years - after all the stress has been released!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    shoot that thing is not even close to being done..

i am betting at least 4 more years depending on use

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I'll be thrilled if that's the case!!! Thanks.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Bluecrab3, the others are right it will go a long time with little cracks like those. :laugh: Call the mother ship and they might send ya a new one under warranty. The answer to any question is always no if you don't ask the question. ;)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Bluecrab3:

I've been cooking on this one since late September when I found it this way...still going strong...
    S092609-04.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    How can the answer to a question be NO if you don't ask the question????? If you didn't ask then there really is no question..therefore no answer...strange dilema....kinda like the tree in the forest thing...pointless really..LOL
  • Mine was in four peices when I finally replaced,(and had to pay!) I also have a cracked fire box that my dealer has been dragging his feet on for 6 weeks. Told me I could go the Tucker and pick one up or I could just wait. Yep above and beyond great service.
    Doug
  • Jupiter Jim
    Many people won't ask because they think the answer is no. So I always ask the question and more often than not I get a yes answer and if I had not asked it would have been no.
    It is also important to ask the correct person. If he contacts someone at the mother ship and the give him a new one/ or don't then he asked the correct person. Asking the forum if it is covered under warrantee is not a lot of help because the forum is not going to send a new fire grate.
    Hope this helps.
    JJ

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    FWIW the fire grate is covered under warranty. I've had two replaced at the mothership.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Fidel they gave me a new one to replace my broken one last time I was there in Tucker. I just don't like to speak for the Mother Ship.
    Jupiter Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WessB
    Allrighty then....that deifnatley makes it clear as mud...you lost me big time, that or either you totally misunderstood my post..no matter..it aint worth wasting bandwidth...enjoy your evening..
  • WessB
    There was NO question about warranty..go back an re-read the original post...Bluecrab3 just wanted to know how long it might last....talk about confusing things..
  • Jupiter Jim
    As long as it is clear as mud I'm good with that and they are getting back to racing and you have a good evening as well.
    JJ

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    I know that, I was just encouraging him to check with the Mother Ship and see if he could get a new one.
    Jupiter Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WessB
    restarting engines..bet we still got 10 to 15 minutes before they let em race...nascar at it's finest..frustrating to say the least...but it is what it is...sorry if I sounded negative...but you're reponses were confusing...
  • Jupiter Jim
    Your right, I’m not the best with words seem to do better in person. No apology needed.
    Jupiter Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• You have 3.2 months before the crack joins and a square falls out of the middle If you cook 4-5 times a week and at least half of those are hot steak or pizza cooks.

This is covered by warrantee because the last time I had mine replaced, my "dealer" was hassling me about a serial number on my egg. I e-mailed the mothership and they were bent out of shape about my treatment. They offered to send one out to me, but I had pried one out of my dealer's tight little hands at that point.

Ed
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Mine has been like this for over six months.
    IMG_8221.jpg
    BTW I emailed this picture to my dealer and I had a new one the next day. (a guy I work with wife works for a dealer)
  • surveyor
    surveyor Posts: 124
    Some dealers are the week link. The mothership is always good